已创建论坛回复

正在查看 36 个帖子:1-36 (共 36 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
  • 回复至: Advantages and disadvantages of studying in Hong Kong #9999 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

My dream school is City University of Hong Kong. I want to join its Advanced International Trade program. Because financial markets are a fast-changing world. The rapid growth of the financial industry in the past decade and the financial turmoil in recent years have changed the landscape of the financial industry. And these changes have evolved into new financial rules. Financial investment is not only analyzing the whole financial market but also the psychology of people. It is also because the financial market is changing so fast that the program may be a bit outdated.
    City University of Hong Kong is ranked in the top line of QS and the view is very good. Although I may be busy, wouldn’t it be better to be busy in a place with a beautiful environment if I can. Now I am making efforts for that too. First, I will continue to improve my GPA, and second, I already have an online internship, so I will be looking for an offline internship next summer. Also, I am actively preparing for my language exams. Although the process is a little slow, I believe I can finish it.

回复至: My Dream school #6018 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

My dream university is Nanyang Technological University (NTU), a world-renowned research university in Singapore. I would like to pursue my business studies there. 2019 QS World University Ranking 12th, ranked by QS as the best young university in the world (under 50 years of establishment) for 5 years in a row, and ranked by Times Higher Education as the fastest growing young university in the world in 2015. NTU is a comprehensive university with both engineering and business disciplines. In addition, it has one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. I think we should not suffer from the hardships of life, but from the hardships of studying, and the beauty of the school relaxes my mind and body and makes me better. As for the cultural differences, there are many Chinese people in Singapore, and of course, there are many international students from different countries. Maybe I will encounter different values and life aspects from them. I will try my best to adapt because cultural exchange requires mutual understanding and integration. Of course, when I can’t adapt, I will make a radical change, such as changing dormitories. NTU has a strong faculty and educational environment. Although there are differences in teaching styles between NTU and WKU, most of them are similar, so I can adapt there faster.

我梦想的大学是南洋理工大学(NTU),是新加坡的一所世界著名研究型大学。我想在那里继续进行商科的学习。2019QS世界大学排名第12位,连续5年被QS评为世界上最好的年轻大学(建校50年以下),在2015年被泰晤士高等教育评为全球发展最快的年轻大学。NTU是一所工科和商科并重的综合性大学。此外,这所学校拥有着号称“全球最美”的校园。我认为我们不应该吃生活的苦,而是学习的苦,学校的美景可以使我的身心放松,让我变得更好。对于文化差异来说,新加坡有许多的中国人,当然也有许多来自不同国家的留学生。或许我会遇到和他们的价值观以及生活方面的不一样。我会尽力去适应,因为文化交流需要彼此的理解与交融。当然,当我无法适应的时候,我就会进行彻底的改变,比如更换寝室。NTU拥有着强大的教师资源以及教育环境。虽然NTU与WKU的教学方式有不一样的地方,但大多数都是相似的,所以我可以更快地适应那里。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

Intercultural communication is a process in which people with different cultural backgrounds engage in communication. In fact, each person is culturally unique, so any communication between two people is intercultural communication, except that the extent of this is more pronounced when communicating with foreigners. There are definitely differences between two people who get along, and that’s what makes them different. In fact, the culture of boys and the culture of girls are very different, and both usually think about issues differently, so they can only understand and tolerate each other.
    跨文化交际是具有不同文化背景的人从事交际的过程。其实每个人在文化上都是独特的,所以任何两个人之间的交际都是跨文化交际,只不过在和外国人交流的时候这种程度更明显。两个人相处肯定会有不同的地方,这就是了他们的不同点。实际上,男生文化和女生文化就很不一样,两者通常对问题的思考也不一样,所以只能互相理解,互相包容了。

Captain

回复至: Experiences of long distance relationships #5739 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

College is the best time to grow up and become independent. At first, loneliness is scary. But it will also make you stronger and will allow you to listen to your heart and become more independent. The time difference can make it hard to call your family at any time. But don’t let this scare you, you will become a stronger person. We are finally here, and I need to become someone who can solve my own problems.

大学是最好的时间来成长和变得独立。起初,寂寞是可怕的。但是它也会让你变得更强也会让你能够倾听你的心,变得更加独立。时间上的差异会导致很难随时打电话给你的家人。但不要让这个吓到你,你将成为一个更坚强的人。我们终究到了这里,我需要成为一个人能解决自己的问题的人。

Captain

回复至: Networking in foreign countries在国外建立联系 #5645 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

When you study abroad, first of all, you will meet a foreign roommate. If your interests are similar, then congratulations, you are ready to make connections abroad. If they are different, it is better not to bother people and you can change your roommate by yourself, uncomfortable environment is not good for each other. It’s not bad to have such a friend and a group, at least you have some sense of belonging and are no longer walking through alone. Here is a good website might to help you.
    https://www.zhihu.com/question/289987221

在国外留学,首先,你会遇到一位外国的室友。如果你们的兴趣相投,那么恭喜你,你已经可以在国外建立联系了。如果不同,最好不要打扰人家,可以自己换个室友,不舒服的环境对彼此都不好。有这么一个朋友和一个团体也还不错,至少自己有了一些归属感,不再是一个人穿行。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

Another very good service that schools usually offer is essay revision. In fact, many Americans have trouble writing essays, both in terms of diction and format. Two things that are important to learn in the United States are how to look up data and the format of writing an essay. You will be amazed at how well-developed and resourceful academic research is in the U.S., which is an indispensable part of research that China is far behind. The format of writing an article is very important, and different journals have different formatting requirements. In addition, the study room at school is a good space to study, and studying in the study room can sometimes be much higher than in the dormitory. Here’s a good website.
    https://www.zhihu.com/question/33504205

学校通常提供另一个非常好的服务,就是修改文章。其实很多美国人其实都有写文章的困扰,无论是用辞方面,或是格式方面。在美国学习有两件事情很重要,一是如何查询数据,二是文章的书写格式。你会讶异于原来在美国学术方面的研究是这么的发达,资源是如此的多,这些都是作研究不能缺少的部分,这也是中国远远不及的。而写文章的格式是非常重要的,不同期刊有不同的格式要求。此外,学校的自习室也是个不错的空间,在自习室学习有时候会比在寝室高的多。这有个不错的网站。

Captain

回复至: Looking for help 寻求帮助 #5641 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

We will encounter various problems when studying abroad. In terms of language, although Chinese students who stay in the United States are required to take the TOEFL test and meet certain requirements, they still cannot use English like a native English speaker until they enter an American university. For Chinese students, it can be deeply unsettling if they experience academic setbacks. Because growing up, we almost equate life prospects and self-worth with academic achievement. We can seek help in the following ways.
    1. International Student Services Center
    2. Mental Health Counseling Center
    3. Tutors/Professors
    4. friends/family
    Here’s a website that might help you. https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/67945057

在国外留学我们会遇到各种各样的问题。在语言方面,虽说留美的中国学生都要参加托福考试并达到一定要求,但是在他们进入美国大学之前,却仍然不能像一个以英语为母语的人那样使用英语。对于中国学生来说,如果在学业上遇到挫折可能会让他们深感不安。因为在成长过程中,我们几乎会把人生前景和自我价值与学业成就等同起来。我们可以通过以下途径寻求帮助。
    1.国际学生服务中心
    2.心理健康咨询中心
    3.导师/教授
    4.朋友/家人

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

There are many foreign students in foreign countries, maybe we will be closer to Chinese students, but there are always times when we are not in a trip to class, so we should also go to drink foreign friends for communication at such times. In fact, when you communicate slowly you will find that actually they are not much different from Chinese people, we are all very good friends, besides, it is indeed a wise choice to discuss problems with them.

在国外的留学生很多,或许我们会更亲近中国留学生,但总有不在一趟课的时候,所以这种时候我们也应该去喝外国朋友进行交流。其实当你慢慢交流后就会发现,其实他们和国人并没有什么区别,大家都是很好相处的朋友,此外,和他们一起讨论问题的确是个明智的选择。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

Nowadays, the network resources are very developed, basically the resources that can be found abroad are also available in the country. So that a few foreign more convenient resources.
    1. to make good use of YouTube, through the search keywords you can find a lot of English learning content you need, now learn to use.
    2. The main resource in foreign countries is the school’s own library, where you can find prototypes of many unseen books.
    3. foreign countries can better help us to practice speaking, which is a resource in itself.

现在的网络资源很发达,基本上国外可以找到的资源,国内也是具有的。所以说几个国外更方便的资源。
    1.要擅用YouTube,通过搜索关键词可以找到很多你需要的英语学习内容,现学现用。
    2.外国更主要的资源就是学校自己的图书馆,在那里面可以找到原型很多看不到的书籍
    3.国外可以更好地帮助我们锻炼口语,这本身就是一种资源。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

As the new coronary pneumonia spreads around the world, countries in Europe and the United States have closed their schools, and at the same time the educational resources of the schools have been opened to the public for free. Since foreign countries have faster VPNs, here are some websites that can help you get better access to learning resources.
    https://www.storylineonline.net/
    https://www.starfall.com/h/
    https://www.ck12.org/student/
    https://www.instagrok.com/
    http://www.sketchup.com/

随着新冠状肺炎在全球蔓延,欧美各国纷纷停学停课,与此同时学的教育资源也纷纷免费对公众开放。由于国外具有更快的VPN,所以这里有些网站可以帮助你更好地获得学习资源。如上所示。

Captain

回复至: Protect yourself!保护好自己! #5370 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

Of course, we should be more aware of our safety in these situations. There are some tips.
    1. Walk home at night, do not listen to songs while walking to avoid distractions.
    2. When walking alone on the road, do not walk and talk on the phone. This is also easily distracted.
    3. Many students leave work late, especially those working in shopping malls and restaurants. Be extra careful when working the night shift. It is best to have a friend with you for transportation!
    4. Some students are used to checking out with cash, so they tend to carry a lot of cash on them, making them easy targets for criminals. Try not to carry large amounts of cash.
    5. Chinese students have always been named “rich” in the past two years. In recent years, there have been many vicious incidents targeting Chinese students. Please don’t be overly ostentatious while paying attention to the quality of life, as we don’t know which people with evil intentions will be coveting in the corner.

Captain

回复至: Protect yourself!保护好自己! #5369 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

If a very critical or even life-threatening situation occurs, call 911. 911 contains Police, Ambulance, and Fire Brigade. Be prepared to provide the operator with your name, address and phone number, and the type of service you need. In non-emergency situations, it is generally not necessary to call 911 and you can call your local general police department. Usually, if you are studying late at school, it is best to travel in a group and not to take shortcuts through the paths. Many of the paths between buildings are very dark and narrow, and it is easy for unexpected dangers to occur. Here is a website that can help you understand this knowledge.
    https://www.zhihu.com/question/393904580

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

There are two major misconceptions about cross-cultural communication that are most important to avoid. One is xenophobia and the other is pandering to foreigners. Both are manifestations of extreme cultural prejudice. In intercultural communication, we should temporarily put aside our own standards to understand others. But it is not the same as giving up our own cultural values and westernizing them all. In fact, differences are not a bad thing. Experience tells us that differences often attract the attention and curiosity of others. If we can turn differences into a motivation to communicate and use curiosity to enhance communication, then we can make a lot of friends. But we also need to learn to protect ourselves. Here’s a website on how to communicate across cultures.
    http://news.sina.com.cn/w/2005-09-04/10456857455s.shtml

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

As we have learned in class, cultural differences are a natural phenomenon. We generally go through three processes, the honeymoon period, the anxiety period, and the adjustment period. Cultural bias is formed as a result of asymmetric information flow. If a person does not experience a foreign culture firsthand, he or she can only form his or her own opinion of that culture through the experiences of others or the propaganda of the mass media. However, people can change. As long as we communicate well and adopt the right strategies and means, we can change the perceptions of those around us and improve our own living environment.

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

We should plan our expenses before we go abroad
    Types of expenses.
    1.Rental fee
    2.Utilities
    3.Internet fee
    4.Travel
    5.Phone bill
    6. meals
    7.Tuition
    Here is a website about the experiences of former international students, which should help you in your planning.
    https://www.zhihu.com/question/63488249

我们在出国前就应该规划好自己的费用
    费用类型:
    1.租房费用
    2.水电费
    3.网费
    4.出行
    5.话费
    6.吃饭
    7.学费
    这有个网站关于以前留学生的经历,应该对你的规划有所帮助。

Captain

回复至: Do some part-time jobs做一些兼职 #5360 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

Part-time jobs can also be, selling second-hand clothes, becoming a YouTube blogger, running errands on TaskRabbit, etc.
    This website can help you better understand how to work part-time in the US.

https://www.zhihu.com/question/23007922

Captain

回复至: Do some part-time jobs做一些兼职 #5356 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

In fact, I don’t think part-time work has to be in the universal sense, it can also be an organization in school. For example, there are groups in schools that have set up their own organizations and reward you for completing the appropriate tasks. It can also be a way to earn a difference by using the information difference. I think that part-time work does not necessarily mean doing labor, but it can also depend on skills.

事实上,我认为兼职工作不一定是普遍意义上的,也可以是学校里的组织。比如学校就有一些团体自己成立了组织,只要你完成相应的任务就会奖励。也可以是利用信息差赚取差价,我认为兼职不一定是做劳动的,也可以是靠技巧的。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4776 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

8. Be realistic.
    Be brave – being away from home is not a good experience. We may be busy studying in a place far from home, but we should see being away from home as a growing experience and a chance to reacquaint ourselves. Whether we have time or not, we should keep going and not give up, and be proud of ourselves. Anyway, we came here, we can’t change it, then we should learn to accept it, a fear will make us more timid. The most amazing thing about human beings is that we are strong inside, and a strong heart will make us truly overcome difficulties.

8.现实一点。
    勇敢面对—远离家乡不是多好的经历。可能我们在远离家乡的地方忙于学习,但是我们应该把远离家乡看出一种成长的经历和重新认识自己的机会。我们有没有时间,都要坚持下去不要放弃,为自己骄傲。不管怎么说,我们来到了这里,我们无法改变,那么我们就应该学会去接受,一味的害怕会使我们更加胆怯。人类最神奇的地方在于我们的内心,内心的强大会使我们真正地战胜困难。

Captain

https://zh.wikihow.com/%E6%AD%A3%E7%A1%AE%E5%AF%B9%E5%BE%85%E4%B9%A1%E6%84%81

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4775 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

7. Get out of the house
    Get out of the house, we won half of the war against homesickness. If we spend eight hours a day in the dark watching reruns, you will certainly be homesick. So why not get out of the house, whether it’s reading the books we read at home in a sunny park or taking a walk with friends, it’s much better than staying at home all the time. We should also stay active. Outdoor exercise not only helps us to overcome nostalgia, but also keeps us healthy and active. We can also explore this new city and discover the beautiful local classes in this city should help us conquer our nostalgia.

7.走出家门
    走出家门,我们战胜想家的战争就打赢一半了。如果我们每天八个小时窝在黑暗中看重播,你肯定会想家的。所以,不如走出家门,不管是在阳光明媚的公园看我们在家看的书,还是跟朋友散步,都比在家一直窝着好得多。我们也应该保持活力。户外锻炼不仅可以帮助我们战胜乡愁,还可以保持身体健康积极向上。我们也可以去探索这座新城市,去发现这座城市美丽的地方课应帮助我们战胜乡愁。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4774 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

6. Stay busy.
    Keeping yourself busy is the key to adapting to a new environment. If we’re going to new activities, learning, and meeting new people every day, we won’t have time to be homesick. Although we don’t have to be so busy that we don’t have time to sleep or decompress, we shouldn’t have to do nothing for long periods of time either. We should make the most of every place we visit. For example, we can actively participate in lectures, concerts, dances, or other events on campus. If we study abroad we can go to local museums, palaces, local restaurants or other places with local characteristics. Let’s immerse ourselves in their culture.

6.保持忙碌。
    让自己忙起来是适应新环境的关键。如果我们每天都要去参加新活动、学习、认识新朋友,我们就没有时间去想家了。虽然不必忙到没有时间睡觉或减压,但是我们也不应该长时间地无所事事。我们应该充分利用我们到过的每一个地方。例如我们可以积极参加讲座、音乐会、舞会或其他学校里的活动。出国留学的话我们可以去当地的博物馆、宫殿、当地餐馆或其他有当地特色的地方。让我们沉浸在他们的文化中。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4773 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

5. Make new friends
    Making friends in a new environment is the best way to adapt to a new environment. If you open your heart to them, you will find that you have a new group of friends who are very easy to get along with. Don’t always miss old friends or you will lose the opportunity to make new ones right in front of you. Wherever you go, remember to act friendly, no matter how sad you are. You will make more friends this way. If we study abroad, making friends can help us adapt to our new environment because the locals will take us through the local life.

5.结交新朋友
    在新环境中交朋友是适应新环境的最好方法。如果你对他们敞开心扉,你会发现你又有了一群非常容易相处的新朋友。不要总是思念老朋友,否则你会失去眼前交新朋友的机会。不管你去哪,要记得不管你多么难过,都要表现得友好一些。这样会交到更多的朋友。如果出国留学,交朋友可以帮助我们适应新环境,因为当地人会带我们感受当地生活。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4771 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

4. Do something that you like to do when you are at home.
    Although leaving home allows us to do things we never can do when we were at home, we can also continue to do the things we always did when we were at home. This can help us feel less nostalgic. For example, eating our favorite foods at home and doing the sports we enjoy at home. Although doing things that we used to do at home, putting away things from home, and talking to our families can temporarily relieve nostalgia, in the long run, these can hinder us from adapting to our new environment. If we are too immersed in thoughts of home, we will not be able to feel the beauty of the world. It’s just a matter of hating the environment we live in now.

4.做一些在家里时喜欢做的事情。
    虽然离开家可以让我们做一些我们在家里时从来都不能做的事情,但是我们也可以继续做在家时经常做的事情。这样可以帮助我们减少乡愁。比如,吃在家里时最喜欢吃的食物,做在家喜欢的运动。虽然做一些家里常做的事情,放一些家里的东西,跟家人聊天可以暂时缓解乡愁,但是长久来看,这些会阻碍我们适应新的环境。如果太沉浸于对家乡的思念,我们就无法感受世界的美好了。只是一味地讨厌现在生活的环境。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4770 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

3. Share thoughts of home with others
    It can be sad to be homesick alone. So why not share our thoughts about home with our friends around us? This will not only cheer us up and make us more comfortable when talking about home, but we will also make new friends. We can talk about some of the stories we always talk about at home. Although we may be sullen at first, try to share some interesting stories from home with our friends around us. This will make everyone happy and we will feel better.

3.与他人分享对家的思念
    独自想家会很难过。所以为什么不把我们对家乡的思念与周围的朋友们分享一下呢?这样不仅可以让我们打起精神,谈到家乡的时候会更舒服,而且还会交到新朋友。我们可以聊一些家里经常聊的故事。虽然我们可能一开始会闷闷不乐,但是也试着与周围朋友分享一些家里的趣事。这样大家会很开心,我们也会觉得好一点。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4769 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

2. Chat with the person you miss at home.
    Listening to the people you miss say a few comforting words or even crack a few jokes will ease the nostalgia. If conditions allow, you can talk to them on the phone or video chat a few times a week. We can put talking to our families into our schedules, even if it’s only once every two or three weeks, but it can make our lives more fulfilling and promising. Talking with people we miss at home makes us feel close and not alone, but if we talk too much, we won’t be able to make new friends and will just be thinking about what our family is doing, thus not enjoying our surroundings.

2.与家里你思念的人聊天:
    听你所思念的人说几句安慰的话,甚至开几个玩笑都会减轻乡愁。如果条件允许,可以每周跟他们通几次电话或视频聊天。我们可以把与家人聊天放到日程表里,尽管只是两三周一次,但是这样可以让我们的生活充实些,也更有盼头。与家中思念的人聊天,会让我们觉得亲切而不孤独,但是如果聊的太多,我们就无法交新朋友了,只会一味地想着家里人都在做什么,从而无法享受周围的环境。

Captain

回复至: How to deal with the homesick如何应对想家 #4768 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

In fact, whether we are away studying, moving or traveling, we all get homesick. Especially when the world is quiet. So I will tell you a few solutions. 1. Bring a few things you like:
    For example, stuffed animals from home, group photos of your family, pillows you use often, etc. These things can help you relieve some of the thoughts of your family, but you can’t bring too many. If you bring a lot of things from home, but you will end up finding yourself more homesick and will feel more lonely.

其实不论我们是在外读书、搬家还是旅行,我们都会想家。特别是当世界安静下来的时候。因此我将会诉说几种解决方法。1.带上几件自己喜欢的东西:例如家里的毛绒玩具,家庭的集体照,自己常用的枕头等。这些东西可以帮助你缓解一些对家庭的思念,但是不能带的太多。如果把家里的许多东西都带来过来,但是你会最终发现自己会更想家,会觉得更加孤独。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

It is very important for new international students to adapt to a new language environment. To make your language skills improve quickly, it is much more effective to keep practicing in the local culture than to memorize English words by rote, because language comes from accumulating little by little in daily life.
    When you first arrive in a foreign country, you may not understand the jokes told by your foreign classmates, and often the other side laughs, but we do not know what to say. Often, we don’t understand the specific context behind each other’s words, and we don’t understand what they are saying.
    Of course, we need to keep in touch with our relatives and friends. As students, we may not have enough time at the beginning because we are busy with settling in and learning to adapt to the new environment, but we should contact our friends and relatives frequently so that they will not worry about us in faraway places.

对新留学生来说,适应全新的语言环境是非常重要的。要使自己的语言水平快速提高,在当地的文化氛围中不断锻炼比死记英文单词要有效得多,因为语言来源于日常生活中的点滴积累。
    刚到国外,可能经常听不懂国外同学之间讲的笑话,往往对方都笑了,我们却不知所云。很多时候,不能理解对方言语背后的特定语境,也就不明白他们所讲的内容。
    当然了,我们需要和亲人、朋友保持良好畅通的联系,身为学生一开始要忙着安顿、学习适应新环境等等,时间可能不太够用,但是再忙还是应该经常与亲友联络,以免在远方的亲友担心我们的近况。

Captain

http://www.wrsa.net/content_40721905.htm

回复至: 如何适应新环境的一点建议 #4410 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

For international students, language is a tool for conversations with foreigners. As long as the meaning is well expressed, others can understand it, but the cultural background behind the language needs time to be understood. For international students, integration is not the same as just catering to them, and they should not lose their own cultural background. “Integration is a two-way street, requiring both parties to work together to improve their understanding of each other’s culture.” Although everyone can be uncomfortable with unfamiliar surroundings, there is always a hard time to change. “At first, you may be timid and hesitate to go in even when you arrive at the activity site. But once you overcome the first hurdle of psychology, you will find that the situation is not as bad as you think.
    Most people abroad have a wide range of hobbies and talents, and they don’t want to be bound by a small circle. If we are willing to take the initiative to contact local movies, sports, etc., we will invariably add capital to our friendships.

对于留学生来说,语言是与外国人进行对话的工具,只要意思表达到位,别人都能听懂,但语言背后所蕴藏的文化背景需要花时间琢磨。对于留学生来说,融合不等于一味迎合,不能丢掉自己的文化底色。“融入是双向的,需要两方共同增进对彼此文化的了解。”虽然每个人都会对陌生的环境不适应,但总要硬着头皮去改变。“刚开始可能会胆怯,甚至到了活动地点也犹豫再三不敢进去。但只要克服了心理的第一道关卡,你会发现情况没有你想象得糟糕。
    在国外大多数人都有广泛的爱好和才能,他们不愿意被一个小圈子所束缚。如果我们愿意主动接触当地电影、运动等,会无形中为交友增加资本。

Captain

https://www.sohu.com/a/164806771_99979351

回复至: 如何适应新环境的一点建议 #4274 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

3. Avoid piling up with Chinese students and meet new friends
    It is not good for students to improve their English and to integrate into other groups of students, so the first thing you should do is to get out of your Chinese comfort zone.
    Studying abroad is not just about getting a diploma, but also about getting in touch with different cultures, changing your mindset, and expanding your network. It is normal to interact with Chinese students, but if you only spend time with students who are also from China besides studying abroad, then the meaning of studying abroad will be lost.
    So we should try to make friends with students from other countries and enter their circle of friends, and slowly we will have more and more foreign friends.

3.避免和中国学生扎堆,多认识新朋友
    在海外遇到同样来自中国的同学肯定会觉得很亲切,而且不少是自己的同学,所以中国学生“扎堆”的现象比较普遍,这对学生提高英语水平和融入学生的其他群体都是不利的,同学们首先要做到的是走出中文舒适圈。
    留学并不是只为了拿到毕业文凭,更重要的是接触不同的文化、改变固有的思维模式、拓展人脉。和中国学生交流是很正常的,但是如果如果在国外除了学习就只和同样来自中国的学生在一起,那么留学的意义也就失色不少。
    所以我们应该尝试和其他国家的同学交朋友,进入他的朋友圈子,慢慢的外国朋友就会越来越多。

Captain

回复至: 如何适应新环境的一点建议 #4262 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

2. Practice daily communication terms and do homework prep
    Many students have very good English scores and high IELTS scores, but it takes some time to adapt after they first start studying abroad, and they may not understand some of the content in class, which is normal and need not be too anxious. To solve this problem, students must do a good pre-study before class, with some preparation in class to better focus and give the teacher some response at the appropriate time.
    In addition, international students should focus on practicing the daily communicative phrases, which can help students to be more smooth in their daily life. Because there is always some uncertainty in oral communication, for example, there will be many specific expressions that you can’t understand someone’s meaning if you don’t know them.

2.练习日常交际用语,功课做好预习
    很多学生的英语成绩很好,雅思成绩也很高,但初到国外开始学习之后也需要适应一段时间,课堂上可能会有一些内容听不懂,这都是正常的,不需要太焦虑。要解决这个问题,同学们一定要在课前做好预习,有了一定的准备课堂上才能更好地集中注意力,并且在适当的时候给老师一些回应。
    此外,留学生应该着重练习一下日常交际用语,这可以帮助学生在日常生活中更加顺畅。因为口语交流总是有一些不确定性的,比如会有很多特定的表达方式,你不知道就无法了解别人的意思。

Captain

回复至: 如何适应新环境的一点建议 #4258 Score: 0
    zhanjial
    参与者

International students need to quickly adapt to their new environment by doing three things.
    1. Build a good English foundation and be brave enough to speak up
    The schools where you study are basically taught in English, and good language skills are crucial for students to adapt to the new learning and living environment. Although many students’ IELTS and TOEFL scores are not low, many Chinese students are not good at oral communication due to their habits, or for psychological reasons of timidity. In addition, Chinese students are still accustomed to communicating in Chinese in class, which is very detrimental to improving their English.
    Therefore, Chinese students should try to build a good English foundation before they go abroad, and at the same time, they should speak more to improve their English ability. Communicate with the locals and be brave.

留学生快速适应新环境需要做到以下三点:
    1.打好英语基础,勇于开口
    大家留学的学校基本上都是英语教学的,良好的语言能力对学生适应新的学习和生活环境都至关重要。虽然很多学生的雅思和托福成绩并不低,但是出于习惯,或者是胆怯的心理原因,中国留学生很多不擅长口语交流。此外,中国学生在课堂上还是习惯用中文交流,这一点对提高英语水平非常不利。
    所以,中国学生在出国之前就要尽量打好英语基础,同时,要多开口来提升自己的英语能力。和当地人交流,勇敢一些。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

There are many different types of off-campus houses to choose from, and students can contact their preferred or familiar real estate agent or landlord to rent a room on their own. However, students usually need to spend more time and effort to find a suitable apartment, and they need to be careful when communicating their needs and signing up for a rental. Of course, you can also choose to host, but this also requires adequate communication and a certain amount of relationship.

校外House 的选择就非常多了,房型选择也比较多样,学生可以自己联系心仪或者熟悉的房屋中介或者房东进行租房。但是通常这类校外租房同学们需要花费更多的时间精力去寻找适合的房子,并且在沟通需求以及签约租房是也要需要警惕上当受骗。当然,你也可以选择寄宿,但是这也需要充分的沟通以及一定的关系。

Captain

Reference:
    https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/144465802

zhanjial
    参与者

Off-campus apartments are usually managed by private companies and can be booked through the school or directly from the Internet. This type of apartment is usually close to the school and the commercial plaza, the facilities are relatively complete, off-campus apartments may provide more personalized services, such as small cinema, gym and other common activities area; with access control and monitoring, equipped with security patrol, students can also be guaranteed the safety of living. Of course, the school will also have a common activity area such as a gym. And usually these apartments are more expensive.

校外公寓通常是私人公司管理运营的,可以通过学校或者自己直接从网上预订。这类公寓通常距离学校以及商业广场都比较近,设施配置相对比较齐全,校外公寓可能会提供更多的个性化服务,比如小影院、健身房等公共活动区域;设有门禁和监控,配备保安巡逻等,学生居住的安全性也能得到保障。当然健身房等公共活动区域学校也会具有。而且通常这类公寓价位比较高。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

Generally speaking, there are three types of accommodation for students: on-campus student housing, off-campus student housing and off-campus house.
    Students should choose the right one according to their situation. On-campus student housing is the safest and most affordable option, as it is generally well-equipped, convenient and safe. The only thing you may need to worry about is not being able to share a room with your designated friends, but you can also solve the problem by making adjustments.

一般来说,学生的住宿方式一共有三种:住校内学生宿舍,校外学生公寓和校外House。
    学生应该根据自己的情况去选择合适的。住校内学生宿舍是最安全实惠的选择,一般校内学生宿舍周围的设施齐全,生活也比较便利,安全比较有保障。此外现在的宿舍的类型也有很多,所以也不必担心会居住的不舒服,唯一可能需要担心的就是不能和指定的朋友一起住一间房间,但也可以通过调整解决问题。

Captain

zhanjial
    参与者

There are many different types of off-campus houses to choose from, and students can contact their preferred or familiar real estate agent or landlord to rent a room on their own. However, students usually need to spend more time and effort to find a suitable apartment, and they need to be careful when communicating their needs and signing up for a rental. Of course, you can also choose to host, but this also requires adequate communication and a certain amount of relationship.

校外House 的选择就非常多了,房型选择也比较多样,学生可以自己联系心仪或者熟悉的房屋中介或者房东进行租房。但是通常这类校外租房同学们需要花费更多的时间精力去寻找适合的房子,并且在沟通需求以及签约租房是也要需要警惕上当受骗。当然,你也可以选择寄宿,但是这也需要充分的沟通以及一定的关系。

Reference:
    https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/144465802

zhanjial
    参与者

Off-campus apartments are usually managed by private companies and can be booked through the school or directly from the Internet. This type of apartment is usually close to the school and the commercial plaza, the facilities are relatively complete, off-campus apartments may provide more personalized services, such as small cinema, gym and other common activities area; with access control and monitoring, equipped with security patrol, students can also be guaranteed the safety of living. Of course, the school will also have a common activity area such as a gym. And usually these apartments are more expensive.

校外公寓通常是私人公司管理运营的,可以通过学校或者自己直接从网上预订。这类公寓通常距离学校以及商业广场都比较近,设施配置相对比较齐全,校外公寓可能会提供更多的个性化服务,比如小影院、健身房等公共活动区域;设有门禁和监控,配备保安巡逻等,学生居住的安全性也能得到保障。当然健身房等公共活动区域学校也会具有。而且通常这类公寓价位比较高。

zhanjial
    参与者

Generally speaking, there are three types of accommodation for students: on-campus student housing, off-campus student housing and off-campus house.
    Students should choose the right one according to their situation. On-campus student housing is the safest and most affordable option, as it is generally well-equipped, convenient and safe. The only thing you may need to worry about is not being able to share a room with your designated friends, but you can also solve the problem by making adjustments.

一般来说,学生的住宿方式一共有三种:住校内学生宿舍,校外学生公寓和校外House。
    学生应该根据自己的情况去选择合适的。住校内学生宿舍是最安全实惠的选择,一般校内学生宿舍周围的设施齐全,生活也比较便利,安全比较有保障。此外现在的宿舍的类型也有很多,所以也不必担心会居住的不舒服,唯一可能需要担心的就是不能和指定的朋友一起住一间房间,但也可以通过调整解决问题。

正在查看 36 个帖子:1-36 (共 36 个帖子)