已创建论坛回复

正在查看 31 个帖子:1-31 (共 31 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
  • 回复至: Looking for help 寻求帮助 #9146 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

When Chinese students first arrive abroad, they are not used to the accents of professors from all over the world and think they speak very fast. If we do not understand something, or do not hear the relevant requirements of the professor for the class, homework, test, we must take the initiative to ask the professor and classmates, especially for the knowledge we do not understand to ask questions in time. Chinese students tend to be shy or reluctant to admit that they don’t understand, which can get us into a vicious circle where confusion builds up.
    很多中国学生刚到国外时,不适应来自世界各国的教授们的口音,并且认为他们的语速很快。如果我们没有听懂某些内容,或者没有听清教授对课堂、作业、考试的相关要求,我们一定要主动询问教授和同学,尤其是对于不懂的知识要及时提问。中国学生往往很害羞,或者不愿意承认自己没有听懂,这会让我们陷入恶性循环,困惑会逐渐被积累。

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

As far as I know, due to the late emergence of sino-foreign cooperative universities and the smaller number of students, many agents do not know the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of such schools, as well as the views of foreign universities on such schools. As a result, they are unable to take full advantage of the advantages of Sino-foreign cooperative universities, such as double enrollment, all-English teaching, students’ rich overseas experience and so on. Therefore, I would advise you to ask your alumni directly, especially those who have successfully applied to the school you want to go to. Their experience is often more valuable.

根据我的了解,由于中外合作大学出现较晚、学生较少,很多中介并不了解这类学校的特点、优势、劣势,以及国外大学对这类学校的看法。因此,他们无法充分发挥中外合作大学的优势,比如双学籍、全英教学、学生丰富的海外经历等等。因此,我建议大家直接咨询自己的校友,尤其是成功申请到自己想去的学校的学生,他们的经验往往更有参考价值。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: Program项目 #8223 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

I think this problem is related to the major of study. For art or media majors, I think the ranking of the program in terms of major is more important. Because programs with high ranking majors will have better teaching resources, such as good professors, rich workshops, cooperation with employers, and so on. The difference between a good teacher and a mediocre teacher is really big. Moreover, this kind of major needs a lot of practical operation or practice, and a good project can provide a better platform, and the professional atmosphere will be strong.
    This article introduces how to choose the media professional project: https://www.bestcolleges.com/features/masters-media-communications-degree-programs/
    我认为这个问题与学习的专业有关。对于艺术或者传媒专业来说,我认为项目在专业方面的排名更重要。 因为专业排名高的项目的教学资源会更好,比如好的教授,丰富的workshop ,和雇主之间的合作等等。好的老师和一般的老师的差别真的很大。并且,这类专业需要很多实操或者实践,而好的项目可以提供更优质的平台,并且专业氛围也会很浓。
    这篇文章介绍了如何选择传媒专业的项目:https://www.bestcolleges.com/features/masters-media-communications-degree-programs/

Jasmine Sun

回复至: 跨专业申请 #8222 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

If you want to apply for a major different from your undergraduate major, I think you should fully understand the learning content and form of the new major, the employment direction and employment situation, the development status of the major at home and abroad, and so on, so as to judge whether you are suitable for this major. I suggest you consult with students in the major, as well as professionals or HR who work in the relevant industry. HR’s opinions are also important because they can tell you what the company thinks about issues such as professional mismatches when hiring.
    In addition, you need to explain why you changed your major in your personal statement, including the reasons, your advantages that make you able to do well in this new major, etc.
    This article provides students’ views on how to explain changing majors in a personal statement: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-to-explain-change-of-major-in-interview-personal-statement.1172564/

如果你想在申请研究生时申请与本科所学专业不同的专业,我认为你应该充分了解新专业的学习内容和形式、就业方向和就业形势、国内外该专业的发展现状等等,从而判断你是否适合学习这个专业。我建议你咨询该专业的学生,以及在相关行业工作的专业人士或HR。HR的意见也很重要,因为他们可以告诉你公司在招聘时对专业不匹配等问题的看法。
    另外,你需要在申请时在个人陈述中解释你为什么换专业,包括原因、你能够学好这个新专业的优势等等。
    这篇文章提供了学生对于如何在个人陈述中解释转专业的问题的看法:https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-to-explain-change-of-major-in-interview-personal-statement.1172564/

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

In China, the autumn recruitment is the most important opportunity for fresh graduates to find a job, as it is the largest campus recruitment with the largest number of participating enterprises and the largest number of recruiting talents. Almost all employers will give preferential treatment to fresh graduates. If we plan to work in China after graduation, then I think we should start actively looking for a job before returning to China. Autumn recruitment is generally from July to December, and spring recruitment (spring recruitment) is from March to May. Some enterprises will start to approve autumn recruitment in advance in June, so students need to check the recruitment time of their favorite companies in advance. Online application has two channels: third-party recruitment websites and the enterprise’s own official website. In addition to the network application, many enterprises will also walk into the campus for campus propaganda, propaganda can be directly delivered when the resume. After the general network application, reserved mailbox will receive the written test link, so often check their mailbox. Online test and written test mainly examine professional quality and professional ability. Companies in different industries will examine different professional knowledge. Students need to collect and sort out the previous test questions in advance and practice. The interview is mainly divided into group and single side: the group side is generally leaderless group discussion, mainly case analysis, while the single side is generally an interview for HR and department heads of the enterprise, so it is necessary to know all kinds of company information in advance and make preparations.

在中国,秋招是应届生最重要的一次找工作的机会,因为秋招是规模最大、参与企业最多、招聘人才最多的校园招聘,几乎所有雇主都会给予应届生优待。如果我们计划在毕业后回到中国工作,那么我认为应该在回国前就开始积极寻找工作。秋招一般为7至12月,补招(春招)为3至5月,部分企业会在六月开始提前批秋招会,所以同学们需要提前查询好心仪公司的招聘时间。网申有两种渠道:第三方招聘网站及企业自身官网。除了网申,许多企业也会走进校园进行校园宣讲, 宣讲进行时即可直接投递简历。一般网申通过之后,预留的邮箱就会收到笔试链接,所以要经常检查自己的邮箱。在线测评和笔试主要考核专业素养以及专业能力,不同行业的公司会考核不同的专业知识,同学们需要提前搜集整理好往届考题并练习。面试主要分为群面和单面:群面一般为无领导小组讨论,主要是案例分析,单面一般都是企业 HR 和部门领导的面试,需要提前了解好公司各类信息并做好准备。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: Discussion of studying in US in 2021 #8048 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

Many students gave up applying for graduate studies in the United States due to the epidemic. However, I think it is actually a rare opportunity. Because the outbreak has limited tests such as the TOEFL, many schools do not require TOEFL scores or accept the less difficult Duolingo test. After the turbulent autumn semester in 2020, many international students have gradually become accustomed to the “Zoom University” mode. And in the new spring semester, colleges and universities are almost insisting on the teaching plan of online courses. Although some universities are preparing to start face-to-face teaching, there are also many measures in place on campus to deal with the epidemic, so we don’t have to worry too much if we can always take care of ourselves.

很多同学因为疫情的原因放弃了申请美国的研究生,然而,我认为实际上这是一个难得的机会。由于疫情限制了托福等考试,很多学校都不要求提供托福考试成绩,或者接受难度相对更低的多邻国考试。经历了2020年动荡不安的秋季学期后,不少留学生已经逐渐习惯了“Zoom University”模式。而在新的春季学期,高校们也几乎都在坚持网课的教学计划。虽然也有一些院校准备开启面授,但校园也实施了很多应对疫情的举措,所以如果我们可以时刻做好自身防护,也不必过于担心。

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

作为一个会计专业的学生,我认为先在国外工作三年左右再回国对我来说是个很好的选择。一方面,美国、英国等发达国家的会计、审计市场相对成熟,四大会计师事务所的内部体系也较为完善,我们可以利用这个平台学习先进的工作方式,积累相关的工作经验。然而,国外的会计体系和审计方式与中国有较大的差别,如果我们最终想要回到国内工作,最好还是在工作过程中同时为CICPA考试做准备,从而掌握国内会计体系相关知识。另外,国内国外的工作环境、氛围也有很大差别,需要我们自己调整、适应。
    当然,这仅仅是某一个方面,我们还需要考虑很多其他因素,比如自己能否适应国外的生活和文化,自己的性格是否适合在国外工作,等等。

这篇文章介绍了商务工作中的中美文化差异:https://smallbusiness.chron.com/american-vs-chinese-business-culture-59039.html

As an accounting major, I think it is a good choice for me to work abroad for about three years before returning to China. On the one hand, the accounting and auditing markets in developed countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom are relatively mature, and the internal systems of the Big Four accounting firms are also relatively perfect. We can use this platform to learn advanced working methods and accumulate relevant work experience. However, the accounting system and auditing methods abroad are quite different from those in China. If we want to work in China eventually, it is better for us to master the domestic accounting system by preparing for the CICPA exam during the work process. In addition, domestic and foreign working environment, atmosphere is also very different, we need to adjust, adapt.
    Of course, this is only one aspect, we also need to consider many other factors, such as whether they can adapt to the life and culture of a foreign country, whether their personality is suitable for working abroad, and so on.

This article introduces the cultural differences between China and the United States in the business work: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/american-vs-chinese-business-culture-59039.html

Jasmine Sun

回复至: Training courses培训课程 #7996 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

I think the training courses for TOEFL are very helpful, because a good teacher can not only teach knowledge, but also, most importantly, summarize the exam skills and help us improve in a more targeted and efficient way. I took two classes during my preparation for the TOEFL: large classes and one-on-one classes, and I want to briefly compare the two classes.
    First, the advantage of large classes is that teachers in large institutions can provide more resources, such as past exam questions, summative answer patterns, frequently tested words or topics, and so on. However, teachers in large classes could not pay attention to each student, so it was difficult to give substantive help to our problems. In addition, I think the biggest problem of large classes is that teachers like to let students remember the answer template, which leads to the sameness of Chinese students’ oral answers and no breakthrough in content.
    Secondly, the advantage of one-to-one is that the teacher can customize the teaching plan according to the situation of the students in all aspects, which is very suitable for the students who have been unable to overcome their weak points. Take my oral English teacher as an example. When I answer questions that are very mechanical and emotionless, he will continue to help me practice in various ways until the result is satisfactory.
    This is my oral English teacher some public courses: https://space.bilibili.com/90907974/channel/index
    If you are interested, I can provide his contact information.

我认为针对托福考试的培训课程是很有帮助的,因为一个好的老师不仅可以教授知识,最重要的是可以总结考试技巧,更有针对性、更高效地帮助我们实现提高。我在准备托福考试期间上过两种课程:大班课和一对一,我想简单对比一下两种课程。
    第一,大班课的优势在于大机构的老师们可以提供更多资源,比如过去的考试题目、总结性的答题模式、常考的单词或话题等等。然而,大班课的老师无法关注到每一个同学,也就很难针对我们的问题给予实质性的帮助。并且,我认为大班课最大的问题是,老师们喜欢让学生记住答题模版,这导致中国学生的口语回答往往千篇一律,无法在内容上取得突破。
    第二,一对一的优势在于老师可以全方位地根据学生的情况定制教学计划,这非常适合一直无法攻克自己的薄弱点的学生。以我的口语老师为例,针对我在回答时非常机械、没有感情的问题,他会不断用各种方式帮助我练习,直到效果令人满意。
    这是我的口语老师的一些公开课程:https://space.bilibili.com/90907974/channel/index
    如果你有兴趣,我可以提供他的联系方式。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: 考证的必要性和必需性 #7994 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

In the second semester of my freshman year, I learned about ACCA in the publicity of educational institutions and decided to enroll. Based on my own experience, I think learning ACCA has the following advantages and disadvantages. First, if you start to learn ACCA before you learn the specialized courses in WKU, then basic subjects like F1/F2 will help you master the basic knowledge in advance, so as to lay a foundation for subsequent study and get good grades in WKU more easily. Second, when applying for accounting, auditing, etc., the application form will often ask if you have relevant professional certificates. You can also list the exam subjects you have passed on your resume, which will be your advantage. Of course, it also helps with graduate school applications.
    On the other hand, ACCA also has many disadvantages. First, ACCA has a large number of exam subjects, which requires a lot of time to prepare for the exam, which will definitely affect our study in school and the application for graduate school. Second, ACCA’s gold content is not as good as AICPA and CICPA. Although we can’t take CPA in college, we can also prepare for it in advance. In particular, if you want to work in China, my advice is to start preparing for the CPA from your junior/senior year and start taking the exam after graduation.

This article enumerates the ACCA and the difference between the CPA: https://www.educba.com/acca-vs-cpa/

大一下学期,我在教育机构的宣传中了解到了ACCA,并决定报名学习。结合我自己的经验,我认为学习ACCA有如下几个优势和缺点。第一,如果你在学习WKU的专业课之前就开始学习ACCA,那么F1/F2等基础的科目会帮你提前掌握基础知识,从而为后续的学习打基础,更轻松地在WKU取得好成绩。第二,在申请会计、审计等相关时,申请表格往往会询问你是否有相关的专业证书,你也可以将通过的考试科目列在自己的简历上,这会成为你的优势。当然,这对申请研究生也有帮助。
    另一方面,ACCA也有很多弊端。第一,ACCA的考试科目非常多,需要花费大量的时间准备考试,一定会影响我们在学校的学习,也会影响申请研究生。第二,ACCA的含金量不如AICPA和CICPA,尽管大学期间不能考CPA,我们也可以提前准备。尤其是,如果你想在中国工作,我的建议是从大三/大四开始准备CPA,毕业后开始考试。

这篇文章列举了ACCA和CPA的区别:https://www.educba.com/acca-vs-cpa/

Jasmine Sun

回复至: About Interviwe #7960 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

Starting from May 4, 2021, the US Embassy in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai will open the student visa application service one after another, and I was lucky enough to get a seat in Beijing on May 7 to apply in person. I would like to share with you the preparation that needs to be done before the interview, and the process of the interview that day.
    https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/u-sC2lZ0qQDbjp9KD9I2Pg
    This link lists the interview materials that students need to prepare. It should be noted that if students do not have a diploma, they can also use an English version of their study certificate instead. PasSPORT, Appoint Confirmation Form, DS-160 Confirmation Form, I-20 are the documents that need to be checked before entering the Embassy. Other information is used for signing in person.
    This link is a very comprehensive list of questions the visa officer may ask you. It is best to prepare your answers in advance.
    https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/M1RHjRqsPnFhB5qGtFt9LA

When I signed my visa in person, the visa officer asked for my resume in addition to my passport and I-20. I didn’t see any other information. The visa officer asks questions about which university/college he is going to, what he has done during his undergraduate studies, his plans after graduate school, and his parents’ jobs. In general, it was very smooth. I received the official F1 student visa on the third day after the in-person visa.

从2021年5月4日起,北京、广州、上海的美国大使馆陆续开放了学生签证面签服务,我很幸运地获得了5月7日在北京面签的名额。我想分享一下面签前需要做的准备,以及当天的面签流程。
    https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/u-sC2lZ0qQDbjp9KD9I2Pg
    这个链接里列举了学生需要准备的面签材料。值得注意的是,如果学生没有拿到毕业证书,也可以用英文版的在读证明代替。护照、预约确认单、DS-160表格确认单、I-20是进入使馆前需要检查的文件,其他资料都是用于面签的。
    这个链接里列举了签证官可能问到的问题,非常全面,大家最好提前准备好回答。
    https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/M1RHjRqsPnFhB5qGtFt9LA

面签时,签证官除了护照和I-20以外,还要了我的简历, 别的资料没有看。签证官问的问题是要去哪个大学/学院、本科就读期间做了什么、研究生毕业后的计划、父母的工作。总体来说非常顺利,面签结束后的第三天就收到了正式的F1学生签证。

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

In my opinion, the major accounting courses in my undergraduate period have covered relatively basic and comprehensive knowledge related to accounting. Therefore, many people don’t think it is necessary to continue to apply for graduate programs in accounting. However, I think if we want to engage in accounting-related work in the future, especially auditing, an appropriate graduate program can help us further improve our comprehensive ability. In my opinion, a good accounting project should have the following characteristics. It’s better to be CPA-oriented, which means the school can offer courses related to the content of the exam, so as to help students pass the exam more quickly. It should offer a wide range of elective courses, such as finance, management, marketing and so on. This is because in the future work, accountants or auditors can not only focus on accounting figures, but also need to have enough understanding of the overall environment of the industry, macroeconomic market, financial market and so on. 3. It should cater to the trend of the big data era. In order to comply with the requirements of the era of big data for financial personnel, many schools have added data analysis, big data, cloud computing and other courses related to modern technology, which is very necessary.
    While my answer focused on the project itself, this article analyzes it from a more realistic perspective: https://teach.com/online-ed/business-degrees/online-masters-accounting/is-accounting-masters-worth-it/

在我看来,本科阶段的会计专业课已经覆盖了比较基本、全面的会计学相关知识。因此,很多人认为没有必要继续申请会计专业的研究生。然而,我认为如果我们想要在未来从事会计相关的工作,尤其是审计,一个合适的研究生项目可以帮助我们进一步提高自己的综合能力。我认为一个好的会计项目应该具备以下的几个特点。1. 它最好是CPA-oriented的,这意味着学校可以提供与考试内容相关的课程,从而帮助学生更快地通过考试。2. 它应该提供范围广泛的选修课,比如金融、管理、市场营销等方面。这是因为在今后的工作中,会计师或审计师不能只关注会计数字,还需要对行业整体环境、宏观经济市场、金融市场等有足够的了解。3. 它应该迎合大数据时代的潮流。为了顺应大数据时代对财务人员的要求,很多学校都增加了数据分析、大数据、云计算等与现代科技相关的课程,这是非常必要的。
    我的回答专注在项目本身,而这篇文章从更现实的角度进行了分析:https://teach.com/online-ed/business-degrees/online-masters-accounting/is-accounting-masters-worth-it/

jasminesun
    参与者

In the United States, many schools do not offer on-campus housing for graduate students, or have very few places for on-campus housing. Most graduate students live off campus. There are several issues to consider when looking for off-campus housing. 1. The distance to school. Security. I think university towns are more livable than residential areas. 3. Prices. In addition to rent, living costs such as water, electricity and gas also need to be taken into account. 4. Is there furniture? Many students overlook this. If the program is short, I think it is more convenient to choose a house with its own furniture.
    About websites providing housing resources, we can directly on the Google map search own apartment near the school: https://www.google.com.hk/maps. There’s also a website called Apartment.com that allows you to view a variety of listings, and some offer virtual Tours.
    在美国,很多学校不给研究生提供校内住宿,或者校内住宿的名额非常少。大部分研究生会住在校外。在寻找校外的房源时,有以下几个问题需要考虑。1.到学校的距离。2. 安全性。相较于居民区,我认为大学城更适合居住。3. 价格。除了房租以外,水、电、煤气等生活费用也需要考虑在内。4. 是否有家具。很多学生都会忽视这一点。如果项目的时间比较短,我认为选择一件自带家具的房子更方便。
    关于寻找房源的网站,我们可以直接在google map上搜索自己学校附近的公寓 :https://www.google.com.hk/maps 。另外,有个网站叫作apartment.com ,也可以浏览各种房源,有的还会提供虚拟导览。

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

At present, most countries and schools accept both the TOEFL and the IELTS scores, so students can choose according to their own situation. I think there are three main differences between IELTS and TOEFL.
    First of all, the types of questions in the two exams are different. The listening and reading sections of the TOEFL test only have multiple choice questions, while the IELTS test also has fill-in-the-blank and short answer questions in addition to multiple choice questions. In view of this, I prefer the form of TOEFL test, because I may not be able to hear a certain word clearly in the listening test, but I can understand the general content of the article, so the form of multiple choice test is more suitable for me.
    Second, there are differences in the range of words examined in the two exams. The IELTS will involve more everyday language, while the TOEFL will use more academic vocabulary, such as reading passages from astronomical journals and so on. As a result, TOEFL test takers have to memorize more obscure academic words.
    Third, the form of examination is different. The IELTS test is paper-based, and the speaking test requires a face-to-face conversation with a real examiner. In contrast, the TOEFL is done on a computer and includes a speaking test. I prefer the TOEFL speaking test, because I don’t get nervous when facing the computer. However, I prefer the paper version of reading and listening tests, because I can make notes on the test paper.

The article introduces the form and difference of TOEF and IELTS: https://www.prepscholar.com/toefl/blog/toefl-vs-ielts/
    https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/study-abroad-info/applying-to-university/ielts-toefl-differences/

目前,大部分国家和学校既接受托福成绩也接受雅思成绩,因此学生可以针对自己的情况进行选择。我认为雅思和托福主要有三个主要的不同之处。
    首先,两个考试的题目的类型不同。托福考试的听力和阅读部分只有选择题,而雅思考试除了选择题以外,还有填空题和简答题。针对这一点,对我来说,我更喜欢托福考试的形式,因为我有可能无法听清楚听力测试中的某一个单词,但我可以理解大致的文章内容,因此选择题的形式更适合我。
    第二,两个考试考查的单词范围有差异。雅思会涉及到更多日常用语,而托福会使用更多学术词汇,比如阅读部分的文章可能来自天文学的期刊等等。因此,托福考生需要记忆更多的冷门的学术词汇。
    第三,考试的形式不同。雅思考试使用的是纸质试卷,并且口语测试时需要和真人考官面对面对话。相反,托福考试是在电脑完成的,包括口语测试。我更喜欢托福的口语考试形式,因为面对电脑时我不会紧张。然而,我更喜欢纸质版的阅读、听力测试,因为我可以在试卷上做笔记。

这几篇文章介绍了托福和雅思的形式和区别:https://www.prepscholar.com/toefl/blog/toefl-vs-ielts/
    https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/study-abroad-info/applying-to-university/ielts-toefl-differences/

Jasmine Sun

回复至: Working in gap year在间隙年工作 #7610 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

Many people think that it is a better choice to work for one year after graduation before considering applying for graduate program, because we can find out the major direction we are interested in or need to improve in the process of work, so that we can apply for a more suitable graduate program. However, I have a puzzle. Most of the time, college graduates do very basic jobs in their first year and have limited access to industries and networks. As a result, we often have few opportunities to explore relevant fields. For example, if accounting students choose to work in an accounting firm for a year after graduation, as far as I know, most of the work they do is simple and repetitive, while these trivial jobs take up a lot of time. I think maybe a small or entrepreneurial company would be a good choice. While we may need to do more work and wear more hats, it also means we can reach out to more areas and more people.

I think this website offers a lot of different perspectives on this issue:https://www.study.eu/article/should-i-get-a-masters-degree-now-or-start-working

很多人都认为本科毕业后工作一年再考虑申请研究生是一个更好的选择,因为我们可以在工作过程中发现自己感兴趣的专业方向或者需要提高的方面,从而可以申请更适合自己的研究生专业。然而,我有一个疑惑。大部分时候,本科应届生在第一年做的工作非常基础,能够接触到的行业、人脉都非常有限。因此,我们往往很少有机会去探索相关的领域。比如,如果会计系学生毕业后选择去会计师事务所工作一年,那么,据我所知,他们做的大部分工作都是简单的、重复性的,然而这些琐碎的工作会占据很多时间。我想,也许去小型的或者创业型的公司会是一个不错的选择。虽然我们需要做的工作可能会更多,一个人需要身兼数职,但这也意味着我们可以接触更多领域和人。

我认为这个网站提供了关于这个问题的很多不同视角:https://www.study.eu/article/should-i-get-a-masters-degree-now-or-start-working

Jasmine Sun

回复至: 关于中外合作院校的优势 #7526 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

If you want to apply for a graduate program in a foreign university, I think the following advantages of a Sino-foreign cooperative program are very helpful.
    1. The all-English teaching method creates a good English environment for students to exercise their English ability in class and life. During my four years at WKU, I was able to speak with confidence and fluency in English, and I was able to understand the English spoken by professors from different countries, even though they had strong accents. The English environment let me form the habit of thinking and expressing in English. These not only help us prepare for TOEFL, GMAT and other exams, but also help us adapt to the study and living environment abroad more quickly.
    2. Students who graduate from a Sino-foreign cooperative university can obtain both Chinese and foreign diplomas. When applying to foreign universities, many graduate programs prefer to admit students with a foreign (especially home) degree in liberal arts, because they see it as proof that the student’s abilities have been certified by the education system in their home country. When I apply for graduate programs in the United States, I sometimes use a diploma from Kean University in the United States, which I think adds to my competitive edge.
    3. The atmosphere of Chinese-foreign cooperative universities is often more open and inclusive than that of other domestic universities. Therefore, students have sufficient freedom and strong support to find their own goals and do what they want to do. During the university, professors’ sharing and classmates’ rich experiences made me deeply realize that life can have different choices, and we should have the courage and faith to pursue our ideals.

This is an article to introduce Chinese-Foreign university: https://www.zhihu.com/market/paid_magazine/1167407176095305728/section/1167407224363651072

如果你想申请国外大学的研究生,我认为中外合作项目有以下几个很有帮助的优势。
    1. 全英文教学的方式营造了一个很好的英文环境,学生可以在课堂和生活中锻炼自己的英文能力。在WKU,大学四年的学习让我能够自信、流利地用英文与别人交谈,我也能够听懂不同国家的教授的英文,即使他们有很重的口音。英文环境让我养成了用英文思考、表达的习惯。这些不仅有助于我们准备托福、GMAT等考试,也能帮助我们更快地适应国外的学习和生活环境。
    2. 中外合作大学毕业的学生可以获得中国和外国的两个文凭。在申请国外大学时,很多研究生项目倾向于录取拥有国外(尤其是本国)文科文凭的学生,因为他们认为这可以证明学生的能力经过了他们国家的教育体系的认证。我在申请美国研究生项目时,有时会使用美国肯恩大学的文凭,我认为这增加了我的竞争优势。
    3. 中外合作大学的氛围往往比国内其他大学更加开放、包容。因此,学生有充足的自由和强大的支持去寻找自己的目标、做自己想做的事情。大学期间,教授们的分享和身边同学的丰富经历让我深深体会到了人生可以有不同的选择,我们要有勇气和信念去追逐自己的理想。

这是一篇介绍中国的中外合作大学的文章:https://www.zhihu.com/market/paid_magazine/1167407176095305728/section/1167407224363651072

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

Many students like to list their professional courses in their resumes. However, I don’t like this practice, because applicants for the same job often have similar educational experiences and the courses they have taken are similar. Instead, highlight what sets you apart and make your accomplishments as specific and quantifiable as possible. In the case of accounting, we can list what professional certifications we have obtained (or passed), what accounting software we have mastered, and so on. If we have published a paper in our field of expertise, we need to include the title of the paper, the date of publication, the name of the journal, and we need to identify ourselves as the first author. If you attend an academic conference, make clear the time, place, and name of the meeting. If the overall GPA is high, we can show it, or we can calculate the GPA for the major course (if it is higher than the total GPA). In addition, academic achievements can also be proved by scholarships, certificates, honorary titles, etc. For example, we can list the scholarship titles we have won to prove that our academic performance ranks the top among students. If you want to show that your professional knowledge is sufficient, you can state the accounting system and accounting methods you have learned, such as IFRS and GAAP, instead of just listing the name of your major courses.

很多学生喜欢在简历中列举自己上过的专业课程,然而我不赞同这种做法,因为申请同一份工作的申请者往往拥有相似的教育经历,他们学过的专业课程是相似的。相反,我们需要在简历中突出自己的与众不同之处,并且要尽可能地具体化、量化自己的成就。以会计为例,我们可以列举自己获得了哪些专业证书(或通过了几门考试),掌握了什么会计软件,等等。如果我们在自己的专业领域发表了论文,我们需要写出论文的题目、发表日期、期刊的名字,还需要注明自己第一作者的身份。如果参加了学术会议,会议的时间、地点、名称也要说清楚。如果整体的GPA很高,我们可以展示出来,也可以自己计算专业课的GPA(如果比总GPA更高的话)。另外,学术成就也可以用奖学金、证书、荣誉称号等来证明,比如我们可以列举自己获得的奖学金称号来证明自己的成绩在学生中排在前列。如果你希望体现自己掌握的专业知识是充分的,你可以说明自己学习的会计体系、掌握的会计方法,比如掌握了IFRS和GAAP,而不是仅仅列出专业课的名字。

Jasmine Sun

• 该回复由jasminesun 于 7月、 2周前 修正。
    jasminesun
    参与者

In the summer vacation of 2020, I participated in the audit internship of BDO Certified Public Accountants, which not only mastered some basic work skills, but also practiced my communication skills. I like the working mode of the firm very much, because everyone can participate in a lot of different projects, we have the opportunity to contact with clients from all walks of life, understand their business model and financial system, and constantly understand and learn new knowledge, so as to challenge myself and improve my ability. Although the work of accounting firms is really busy, I think as young people, as fresh graduates, we should seize the opportunity to enter the workplace to continue to learn and grow rapidly, to lay a solid foundation for future development.
    The reason why I chose auditing is that the audit department of a firm is the most conducive to personal growth in the accounting industry. Auditing not only requires us to master accounting and auditing knowledge, but more importantly, to learn the thinking logic of auditing in the process of auditing, how to identify risks through procedures, and how to put forward suggestions for improvement and development in terms of corporate finance and internal control. That is to say, audit can let us gain financial and management experience.

During the internship, I think the most difficult part is the preparation of audit working papers, and many Excel skills can help us improve efficiency. This site introduces several Excel tools commonly used in drafts: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141012095216-79373711-excel-tips-for-auditors-prepare-working-papers/

我在2020年暑假参加了立信会计师事务所的审计实习,在掌握了一些基础的工作技能的同时,也锻炼了我的沟通能力。我很喜欢事务所的工作模式,因为每个人都可以参与很多不同的项目,我们有机会接触到各行各业的客户,了解他们的业务模式和财务系统,不断了解、学习新知识,从而挑战自我、提升自己的能力。尽管会计师事务所的工作确实很忙,但我认为作为年轻人、作为应届生,我们应该把握住初入职场的时机去不断学习、迅速成长,为以后的发展打下扎实的基础。
    我选择审计的原因是,在财会行业,事务所的审计部门是最有利于个人成长的。审计工作不单单需要我们掌握会计和审计知识,更重要的是在审计过程中学习审计的思维逻辑,如何通过程序来识别风险,如何针对企业财务和内控提出改进和发展建议。也就是说,审计可以让我们收获财务和管理方面的经验。

在实习过程中,我认为最困难的部分是制作审计底稿,而很多Excel技巧可以帮助我们提高效率。这个网站介绍了底稿中几个常用的Excel工具:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141012095216-79373711-excel-tips-for-auditors-prepare-working-papers/

Jasmine Sun

回复至: How to improve GMAT verbal? #7400 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

As for the learning of Verbal part, I think there are three very important aspects: knowledge point, language sense and question bank.
    1. GMAT covers a wide range of English grammar points, so I think we should first browse the official GMAT textbook as well as the grammar points summarized by teachers and students. In addition, the Verbal part of GMAT is different from the English grammar we learn in high school or college in many ways, such as the use of which and so on, which needs our extra attention.
    2. In many cases, it is not only necessary to check the knowledge point, but also need to use the sense of language, which can help us improve the speed of doing the question. We can learn the language style of the Verbal section by reading the Verbal passage over and over again and by reading the correct choices in the title.
    3. As we all know, Chinese students share the question bank, we should make good use of this resource, know the questions in the question bank in advance, and expand the reading appropriately.

Finally, I want to say that the time of GMAT is tight, and we need to improve our reading speed and the accuracy of the questions when we are nervous, so the simulation test is very important. I would like to share with you two of my favorite practice exam sites that also offer other services that I hope will be helpful to you.
    https://gmat.kmf.com/n/home
    https://gmat.viplgw.cn/index.html

针对Verbal部分的学习,我认为有三个非常重要的方面:知识点、语感、题库。
    1. GMAT考试覆盖的英文语法知识点比较广泛且细碎,因此我认为我们首先要浏览GMAT的官方课本以及老师、学生总结的语法知识点。另外,GMAT考试的Verbal部分与我们在高中、大学学习的英语语法在很多方面有所不同,比如which的用法等等,需要我们额外注意。
    2. 很多时候,Verbal不仅考察知识点,还需要使用语感,这可以帮助我们提高做题速度。我们可以通过反复阅读Verbal中的文章以及题目中的正确选项来了解Verbal部分的语言风格。
    3. 大家都知道中国学生会分享题库,我们要利用好这个资源,提前了解题库中出现的题目,并适当进行拓展阅读。

最后我想说的是,GMAT考试时间紧,我们需要提高自己的阅读速度和紧张情绪下做题的准确性,因此模拟考试是很重要的。我想分享两个我喜欢的模拟考试网站,它们也会提供其他服务,希望对大家有帮助。
    https://gmat.kmf.com/n/home
    https://gmat.viplgw.cn/index.html

Jasmine Sun

回复至: 搭建社交圈 #7231 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

I see that most students focus on how to build a circle of friends to make more friends, which I think is very important. However, as a graduate student, we should also actively build a circle of contacts related to work. For example, we can accumulate sufficient alumni resources through alumni groups; Actively participate in job fairs and company information fairs to get to know more HR, headhunters and company management; We can also actively communicate with professors and ask them to recommend us to excellent mentors in the industry, or recommend suitable internship and job opportunities. If we can make contact with more professionals in the society, we can not only listen to their advice on work and career development, but also get more information related to job opportunities. As an international student, perhaps the most effective way to do this is to actively take advantage of the career development services offered by your university.

This is Boston University career services website: http://www.bu.edu/grad/cd-pd/career-preparation/. I hope this gives you a sense of how graduate schools offer career development services, especially in terms of networking and alumni.

我看到大部分同学都重点关注如何搭建朋友圈来认识更多的朋友,我认为这非常重要,但是作为一名研究生,我们还应该积极搭建与工作相关的人脉圈。比如,我们可以通过校友群来积累充足的校友资源;积极参与招聘会、公司的宣讲会来认识更多的HR、猎头、公司管理层;我们也可以积极与教授交流,请求他们把我们推荐给行业内的优秀导师,或者推荐合适的实习、工作机会。如果我们可以跟更多的社会上的专业人士建立联系,我们一方面可以聆听他们在工作、职业发展方面的建议,另一方面也可以获取更多与工作机会相关的信息。作为留学生,也许最高效的方式是积极利用学校提供的职业发展服务。

这是Boston University的职业发展服务网站:http://www.bu.edu/grad/cd-pd/career-preparation/。我希望通过这个例子,大家可以了解到研究生学校都会通过哪些途径提供职业发展服务,尤其是在拓宽人脉圈、积累校友资源方面的帮助。

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

Many schools require applicants to submit a scholarship application essay. In my opinion, the main contents of the application should include: why the applicant needs the scholarship, what the applicant will do to get the scholarship, and why the applicant thinks he or she is qualified for the scholarship. Most students know how to write the third part, but they are a little confused about the first two parts. More directly, where and to what extent, if any, the money would be worth it (in this case, through the actions of the applicants). As with any other writing principle, the more specific you can be in these two parts, the better. Like what kind of studio to build with a scholarship and what kind of impact it will have. It’s important to note that the impact is not only on the applicant, but also, preferably, on a group, industry or other dimension.

The contents of the application referred to in this web site lists more detailed and guidance: https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/how-write-scholarship-application-cover-letter

很多学校要求申请者提交一篇申请奖学金的essay,我认为这封申请书的主要内容应该包括:申请者为什么需要奖学金、申请者拿到奖学金会去做什么、以及为什么申请者认为自己有资格获得奖学金。大部分同学都知道如何写第三部分,但对前两部分内容有些困惑。说得再直接一点,就是这笔钱如果能产生价值,它的价值将会体现在哪里以及价值有多大(这里的价值是通过申请者的行为实现的)。跟其他写作原则一样,这两部分的内容越具体越好。比如拿奖学金建立一个什么样的工作室,会产生什么影响。很重要的是,这个影响不仅是对申请者本人的,最好也是对某个群体、行业或其他维度的。

这个网站列举了更加详细的申请书内容和指导:https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/how-write-scholarship-application-cover-letter

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

If students want to apply for a master’s degree abroad, they need to make a lot of preparations during college. Based on my experience in applying to graduate schools in the US, I will share what I think is a reasonable schedule in chronological order from freshman to senior. First of all, freshman students don’t need to rush to prepare for TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, etc., especially since TOEFL scores are valid. I suggest that students take an active part in extracurricular activities, not aimlessly, but to consider what types of activities will help them achieve their goals. For example, business school students can take part in entrepreneurship competitions, business case analysis competitions, and so on. Of course, clubs and competitions, no matter what type, are good for your resume. If you can organize some activities as a leader, you can show your leadership. The vacation of freshman year can be used to participate in overseas exchange programs or apply for simple internships. In sophomore year, students can actively participate in the election of leaders of student organizations to further enrich themselves. In junior year, students should start preparing for the language test and the GMAT and GRE exams. At the same time, we can actively look for research projects to improve our academic ability. In addition, with previous internships and extracurricular experience, students can actively apply for high-quality internships (i.e. with top ranked employers in their field of study). The most important thing is that at this stage, students should determine the direction of postgraduate application, including the country, major, school ranking range and so on, and actively understand the relevant requirements, so as to make up for the shortcomings in a more targeted way and make good preparations.
    如果学生想要申请国外的研究生,那么大学期间需要做很多准备。根据我申请美国研究生的经验,我将按照大一到大四的时间顺序分享我认为合理的时间表。首先,大一学生不需要着急准备托福、雅思、GRE、GMAT等考试,尤其是托福成绩有有效期。我建议学生积极参与课外活动,但并不是无目的的,而是要考虑什么类型的活动有助于实现自己的目标。比如,商学院的学生可以参加一些创业比赛、商业案例分析比赛等等。当然,不管是什么类型的社团和比赛,都有助于丰富自己的简历。如果能作为领导者组织一些活动,则可以体现自己的领导力。大一假期可以用来参加海外交流项目或者申请一些简单的实习。大二时,学生可以积极参与学生组织领导者的竞选来进一步丰富自己。大三时,学生应该开始准备语言考试和GMAT、GRE考试;同时,我们可以积极寻找科研项目,提高自己的学术能力。另外,由于之前积累了实习和课外经历,学生可以积极申请高质量的实习(即自己的专业领域内排名靠前的雇主)。最重要的是,学生应该在这个阶段确定研究生申请的方向,包括国家、专业、学校排名范围等等,并积极了解相关要求,从而更有针对性地弥补不足、做好准备。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: The reputation of the university学校的名声 #7065 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

As an accounting major, I think if I want to work in accounting, auditing, consulting, finance and other fields after graduation, then the overall reputation of the school will be more important. First of all, employers of this kind of work will have a very sound training mechanism. For example, accounting firms will carry out continuous and professional training for auditing, so that employees can quickly and accurately master the skills needed for their work. In addition, consulting and risk management departments also have their own frameworks and systems. As long as students have basic financial knowledge, they can quickly move up to their own jobs. Secondly, for accounting major, the knowledge is similar, and the gap between different projects is relatively small. Third, accounting certificates are sometimes as important as a degree, or even more important than a degree after a few years of work. Therefore, regardless of whether you choose a good program or a good school, you should get CPA and other certificates as soon as possible.

This is an article to share how to prepare for the CPA examination: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/25718504

作为一名会计系的学生,我认为如果毕业后想从事会计、审计、咨询、财务等方面的工作,那么学校整体的名声会更重要。首先,这类工作的雇主都会有非常健全的培训机制,比如会计师事务所会针对审计进行持续、专业的培训,从而让职工能够快速、准确地掌握工作所需的技巧。另外,咨询、风险管理等部门也有自己的框架和系统。只要学生具备基本的财务知识,就可以很快升任自己的工作。第二,对于会计专业来说,所学知识都是相似的,不同的项目之间差距比较小。第三,财会类的证书有时候跟学历一样重要,甚至会在几年的工作后比学历更加重要,因此,不管选择的是好的项目还是好的学校,都要尽快考取CPA等证书。

这是一篇分享如何准备CPA考试的文章:https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/25718504

Jasmine Sun

回复至: 如何找到科研项目 #6980 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

As far as I know, there are three ways for students to seek scientific research opportunities.
    1. Research projects of our professors. In WKU, many professors are conducting their own research, and students can offer to assist professors in research, but most of the time, students do simple work such as literature sorting, translation, data collection, etc., and they cannot be the first author. If you have a topic you want to research, you can also ask the professor if he or she is interested and willing to guide the student in the research. In this case, the student is the first author. In general, the professor will also assist the student to apply for and prepare for the relevant academic conference.
    2. Research projects of professors from other universities. In China, many universities have their own laboratories where professors recruit assistants to help them. Students can find out which LABS are open to students across the country from the school’s website or by using their personal networks. This kind of research project requires high academic level of students, which requires application and strict screening.
    3. If students are unable to use their abilities to find research resources, many intermediaries can also provide relevant services. For example, the CIS online research program collaborates with professors from foreign universities to guide a group of Chinese students on a short-term research project. Although the value of this kind of program is relatively low, if students actively express themselves in front of professors, professors will be willing to write letters of recommendation to students, which is undoubtedly helpful for the application of foreign schools. This is a introduce CIS online research project web site: https://bj.cisproj.com/zhuanti/20200810-bj/? BD-bjykjy&keywords=cisxianshangkeyan&unit=PP-cis-dyh&plan=01-ppc&bd_vid=11760138839550493164
    根据我的了解,学生可以通过三种途径寻找科研机会。
    1. 本校教授的研究项目。在WKU,许多教授都在进行自己的研究,学生可以提出协助教授进行研究,但学生大部分时候做的是文献整理、翻译、数据收集等简单的工作,并且不能成为第一作者。如果学生有自己想要研究的主题,也可以去询问教授是否感兴趣、是否愿意指导学生进行研究。在这种情况下,学生是第一作者。一般来说,教授也会协助学生申请相关的学术会议,并为此进行准备。
    2. 其他学校的教授的科研项目。在中国,很多大学都有自己的实验室,教授会招募助理来协助自己。学生可以从学校官网或利用自己的人脉去了解哪些实验室是面向全国的学生开放的。这类科研项目对学生的学术水平要求比较高,需要进行申请和严格的筛选。
    3. 如果学生无法利用自己的能力找到科研资源,很多中介也可以提供相关服务。比如,CIS线上科研会与国外高校的教授合作,指导一组中国学生共同参与一个短期的科研项目。尽管这种项目的含金量比较低,但是如果学生在教授面前积极表现自己,教授会很乐意给学生写推荐信,这无疑对申请国外的学校很有帮助。这是一个介绍CIS线上科研项目的网站:https://bj.cisproj.com/zhuanti/20200810-bj/?BD-bjykjy&keywords=cisxianshangkeyan&unit=PP-cis-dyh&plan=01-ppc&bd_vid=11760138839550493164

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

Hi Ginny,

Thanks for your sharing! You mentioned a lot of ways to improve your study efficiency and keep up with your professors when you study abroad, and I think your methods are very effective. At the same time, I have also browsed the website you provided, among which, I believe that cultural differences and possible racial discrimination are important factors affecting our study and life. Therefore, I believe that apart from paying attention to study itself, we should also consider the beliefs and habits of students from different cultural backgrounds to make campus life more harmonious. For example, in group discussions, students from the United States and Europe are more likely to freely express their ideas, contradict others’ opinions, or try to persuade others, while students from Asian countries such as China and Japan are more likely to pay attention to listening, dislike being interrupted, and so on. Most of the time, students are not malicious to each other, just cultural differences resulting in different styles.
    This is a about higher education for middle school students learning mode of cross-cultural comparison study: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10734-011-9494-z
    感谢你的分享!你提到了很多关于如何在留学时提高学习效率、更好地跟上教授的节奏方法,我认为你的方法都很有效。同时,我也浏览了你提供的网站,其中,我认为文化差异和可能存在的种族歧视是影响我们学习生活的重要因素。因此,我认为除了关注学习本身这件事以外,我们还要考虑不同文化背景的学生的信仰和习惯,从而让校园生活更和谐。比如,在小组讨论过程中,来自美国、欧洲的学生更有可能自由地表达自己的想法、反驳他人的意见、或者试图说服别人,而中国、日本等亚洲国家的学生更有可能注重倾听、不喜欢被别人打断、等等。大部分时候,学生彼此之间并没有恶意,只是文化差异导致的风格不同。
    这是一个关于高等教育中学生学习模式的跨文化比较的研究:https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10734-011-9494-z

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

I highly recommend Modern Family! It tells the story of three small families within one big family. I think the show is a good practice for listening and speaking, because all the characters have authentic American accents (except for one woman from Colombia, but we use it as an opportunity to learn about the English accents of people from different countries). Since the show is about everyday life, most of the characters’ lines are common everyday expressions, which are suitable for us to understand the common expressions of local Americans. Also, due to the different ages and personalities of the characters, their tone of voice and body language varies greatly, and I think we can learn from this how to express ourselves more naturally and confidently. In addition to helping us practice speaking and listening, I have been deeply influenced by the support, encouragement and tolerance of the families in the TV series, as well as their determination to bravely pursue what they want. I hope this TV series can be useful to everyone.
    我非常推荐《摩登家庭》这部美剧!它讲述了一个大家庭内部的三个小家庭中发生的各种事情。我认为这部电视剧很适合练习听力和口语,因为里面的角色都拥有纯正的美式口音(除了一个来自哥伦比亚的女人,但我们把这当作了解不同国家的人的英文口音的机会)。由于这部剧讲述的是日常生活,角色的台词大部分都是日常用语,很适合我们了解美国当地人的常用表达方式。另外,由于角色的年龄和性格各不相同,他们说话时的语气和身体语言也相差很大,我认为我们可以从中学习如何更自然、自信地表达自己。除了可以帮助我们练习口语和听力,电视剧中家人们对彼此的支持、鼓励、包容,以及他们勇敢追求自己想要的东西的决心,都深深影响了我。我希望这部电视剧能让大家有所收获。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: About the letter of recommendation关于推荐信 #6841 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

In the process of applying to graduate schools, letters of recommendation are very important materials, because the comments of the recommenders can reflect and confirm whether the applicant meets the requirements of the graduate school. Letters of recommendation can come from academic professors or employers during internships. In order to demonstrate truthfully and fully what the recommender knows about the applicant, it is best for the applicant to choose a professor who has taken at least two classes or has been involved in their research projects. Otherwise, the recommender will not be able to write something unique and authentic. As for employers, I recommend that applicants demonstrate their professionalism, teamwork, problem solving, innovation, etc., to the fullest extent possible during the internship.
    In addition, communication with professors or employers is very important. They are busy and may need to spend a lot of time writing letters of recommendation. Therefore, it is better for the applicant to contact the recommender one month in advance to express his/her needs clearly and provide the relevant personal data, such as resume, certificates and so on, to help the recommender to have a more comprehensive understanding of himself/herself. When communicating, be polite and don’t urge your referees too often.
    If there is no specific requirement, I would recommend that applicants provide separate references from academic professors and employers to prove that they have excelled in both academic and professional development.
    在申请研究生院校的过程中,推荐信是很重要的材料,因为推荐人的评价可以反映并证实申请人是否符合研究生院校的要求。推荐信可以来自学术教授或实习时的雇主。为了真实、充分地展示推荐人对申请者的了解,申请者最好选择上过至少两节课的教授,或者参与过他们的科研项目的教授,否则推荐人无法写出独特、真实的内容。至于雇主,我建议申请人在实习过程中尽可能充分地展示自己的专业性以及在团队合作、解决问题、创新等方面的能力。
    另外,与教授或雇主的沟通非常重要。他们都很忙,并且有可能需要花很多时间来写推荐信。因此申请人最好提前一个月就联系推荐人,表达清楚自己的需求,并提供相应的个人资料,比如简历、证书等等,来帮助推荐人更全面地了解自己。在沟通时,要注意礼貌,不要频繁催促推荐人。
    如果学校没有明确的要求,我建议申请人分别提供学术教授和雇主的推荐信,来证明自己在学术和职业发展方面都很出色。

Here is a website about the tips and skills about asking for a recommendation letter via email, including some expression methods and examples: https://www.zippia.com/advice/letter-of-recommendation-over-email/

Jasmine Sun

jasminesun
    参与者

I recommend that students seek help from an intermediary for the following reasons:
    First, the intermediary can save students’ time. By this I mean time spent doing trivial things like setting up an account, filling out information, mailing documents, etc., rather than having students save time by letting an agent take care of the very important things like resumes and paperwork. In addition to the basic information, all personalized materials should be completed by the students themselves, and the intermediary should only be responsible for the modification, otherwise there may be problems such as template documents.
    Second, agents have a wealth of information channels, which can help students compare the strengths and weaknesses of different schools and programs. At the same time, experienced agents will also help students to make a reasonable schedule based on information such as application time, reservation fee and deadline of different schools.

As for the choice of intermediary, I think students can choose two kinds of intermediary according to their needs.
    The first is a comprehensive agent who can take charge of the entire application process. This kind of agent charges a high fee, but usually has one or two designated teachers who communicate with the students throughout the process, so that they know the students better and can guide the entire application process in a targeted way.
    The second type is the agent who only works on a single project, such as an internship project, a research project, revising a resume, revising an essay, etc. If students think they only need help in a certain area, they can choose this form, and the cost is lower.

In addition, I can recommend a blogger who has benefited me a lot by sharing tips on essay writing and so on. His article can be found from this link: https://weibo.com/6229389330/I0Ov7xRoK? from=page_1005056229389330_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1615621938070

我更建议学生寻求中介的帮助,原因有如下几个:
    第一,中介可以节省学生的时间。我在这里指的是做一些琐碎的事情的时间,比如注册账号、填写信息、邮寄文件等等,而不是让学生为了省时间而让中介负责简历、文书等非常重要的东西。除了基本信息以外,所有个性化的材料都应该由学生自己完成,中介最好只负责修改,否则有可能出现模板化文书等问题。
    第二,中介有丰富的信息渠道,可以帮助学生对比不同学校、项目的优势和劣势。同时,经验丰富的中介也会根据不同学校的申请时间、留位费及截止日期等信息来帮助学生制定合理的时间表。

对于中介的选择,我认为学生可以根据自己的需要选择两种中介。
    第一种是可以负责整个申请流程的全面的中介,这种中介收费很高,但一般会有一个到两个指定的老师全程与学生沟通,因此对学生更了解,可以有针对性地指导整个申请流程。
    第二种是只负责某个项目的中介,比如实习项目、科研项目、修改简历、修改文书等等。如果学生认为自己只在某个方面需要帮助,可以选择这种形式,费用也更低。

另外,我可以推荐一个博主,他分享的关于文书写作等方面的技巧让我受益良多。他的文章可以从这个链接里找到:https://weibo.com/6229389330/I0Ov7xRoK?from=page_1005056229389330_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1615621938070

Jasmine Sun

• 该回复由jasminesun 于 8月、 3周前 修正。
    jasminesun
    参与者

Hi, Weeknd!

I’m Jasmine, a senior majoring in accounting. Although our major is different, but I also prepared the written examination and the interview of the securities company, and accumulated some experience, hope to be helpful to you!

First of all, as to whether you should pay more attention to the reputation of the company or the level of the department when looking for an internship, I think it depends on your goals and follow-up arrangements. If you want to use a summer internship to get references for graduate school applications or to build your resume, then I think the overall reputation of the company is more important because it will make people think you have the ability to work at a good company. If you want to be retained, or simply gain relevant work experience, then I think you should choose a good department and focus on the management style of the manager, the quality of the project, the atmosphere of the team, the ability to work together, etc. Getting involved in a good project and getting to know a mentor who is willing to help you can give you the knowledge and experience you need to grow quickly.

As for how to prepare for written examination and interview, the interview of securities company usually adopts the form of case analysis. I think you need to learn more analysis models (I believe you have done this) on the one hand, and on the other hand, you can practice more case analysis. For example, you could team up with a group of friends for a mock interview.

In addition, I recommend to you a case contains many website: https://www.caseinterview.com. This site also has resume modification and other introductions. I hope my answer can help you.

我是Jasmine,一名会计系的大四学生。尽管我们的专业不同,但我也准备过证券公司的笔试和面试,并积累了一些经验,希望对你有帮助!
    首先,关于找实习应该更关注公司的名气还是部门的水平,我认为这取决于你的目标和后续安排。如果你希望借助暑假实习来获得用于申请研究生的推荐信,或者用来丰富自己的简历,那么我认为公司整体的名气更为重要,因为这会让人们认为你有能力进入一个好的公司。如果你希望被留用,或者单纯希望积累相关的工作经验,那么我认为你应该选择一个优秀的部门,并重点关注经理的管理风格、项目的质量、团队的氛围和合作能力等等。参与一个好的项目、认识一个愿意帮助你的导师,能够让你获得更多的知识和经验,从而迅速成长。
    关于如何准备笔试和面试,证券公司的面试往往采用案例分析的形式,我认为你一方面需要多学习一些分析模型(我相信你已经做到了这一点),另一方面,你可以多进行案例分析的练习。比如,你可以和身边的朋友组队进行模拟面试。另外,我推荐给你一个包含很多案例的网站:https://www.caseinterview.com。这个网站也有简历修改等介绍。希望我的回答可以帮助到你。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: 如何准备研究生申请的面试? #6443 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

According to my experience in applying for the US Master of Accounting, there are generally two ways to interview at the university. First, man-machine interview, commonly used Kira system. There are no human interviewers, a computer automatically displays the questions, and students have to record their answers in front of a camera after a short preparation period. Second, the in-person interview. Interviewers at the school use platforms like Zoom and Skype to communicate with students in real time.
    For both types of interviews, I think the way to prepare and the skills to answer questions are common. First, collect as much information as possible and prepare in advance! We need to fully understand the background of the school and the program, including its advantages, features, courses and so on, as well as our own views, which will let the interviewer feel our sincerity and enthusiasm.
    Second, tell your own stories and reflect your strengths. When you answer the question, I suggest that you tell your own experience to show your ability, such as how you solved a problem during the internship, what ability this process shows, and so on. Examples are much more persuasive than descriptions and will pique the interviewer’s interest.
    Third, be more professional. We should be polite and dress appropriately. Girls had better wear light makeup. In addition, we should also be professional in organizing our own language. I suggest that we use the framework of summarizing, dividing and summarizing when answering questions to make our logic clearer.
    就我申请美国会计硕士的经验来看,大学一般有两种面试方式。第一,人机面试,常用的有Kira系统。这种面试没有真人面试官,电脑会自动显示问题,学生需要在短暂的准备时间过后面对摄像头录制自己的回答。第二,真人面试。学校的面试官会使用Zoom、Skype等平台与学生进行实时的交流。
    对于这两种面试,我认为准备的方式和回答问题的技巧都是通用的。首先,尽可能搜集资料,提前做好准备!我们需要充分了解这个学校和项目的背景,包括优势、特点、课程等等,以及自己的看法,这会让面试官感受到我们的诚意和热情。
    第二,讲好自己的故事,体现自己的优势。回答问题时,我建议大家多通过讲述自己经历的方式来体现自己的能力,比如在实习过程中自己是如何解决某个问题的,这个过程体现了自己的什么能力,等等。举例子比单纯的描述更有说服力,也能引起面试官的兴趣。
    第三,让自己更专业。我们要礼貌、穿着得体,女生最好可以化淡妆。另外,我们在组织自己的语言时也要专业,我建议在回答问题时采用总述、分述、总结的框架,让自己的逻辑更清晰。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: Discuss how to improve oral English #6442 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

I would like to share a few of my tips for preparing for the TOEFL speaking test, which also apply to improving my oral English overall.
    First, practice, practice, practice! We should seize the opportunity to communicate with professors in and out of class, actively interact with them and ask them questions. The content is not necessarily related to the course. Talking about daily topics such as life can help us to understand their daily speaking habits, tone, idioms and so on, so as to make our English more authentic. Besides, we should also create an English environment, such as trying to express our opinion about something in English, keeping a diary in English and so on. In a word, we should make English appear in our daily life as much as possible.
    Second, accumulate more. Many students feel that they do not have much to say in the TOEFL questions, or do not know how to express their ideas in English. My advice is to browse high quality articles, answers and so on written by native English speakers on foreign websites, and choose useful snippets that you like to read and even recite. It is better to give yourself a key word every day and collect information around it. For example, today I choose fitness as a key word, so I will read articles, watch documentaries and other ways to accumulate some related vocabulary and knowledge. In this way, if I come across relevant topics in the future, I will have enough knowledge and ways to express myself.
    我想分享几个我在准备托福口语考试时的技巧,这也适用于提高整体的英语口语水平。
    首先,练习,练习,再练习!我们要把握好课堂内外与教授们交流的机会,积极与他们互动、向他们提问。内容不一定与课程有关,聊一聊生活等日常话题能够帮助我们了解他们的日常说话习惯、语气、俗语等等,从而让我们的英文更地道。此外,我们也要创造英文环境,比如尝试用英文表达自己对某件事情的看法、用英文写日记等等。总之,我们要让英文尽可能多地出现在日常生活中。
    第二,多积累。很多同学感觉自己面对托福题目没有很多要说的,或者不知道该如何用英文表达出自己的想法。我的建议是,多去外国网站上浏览英文母语者写的高质量的文章、回答等等,选择喜欢的、有用的片段反复阅读甚至背诵。最好每天给自己一个关键词,并围绕这个关键词搜集资料。比如,今天我选择健身作为关键词,那么我就会通过阅读文章、观看纪录片等方式来积累一些相关的词汇和知识。这样,如果我以后遇到相关的话题,就有足够的知识和表达方式。

Jasmine Sun

回复至: My Dream school #6441 Score: 0
    jasminesun
    参与者

My dream university is Cornell University, and I’m particularly interested in the MPS in Management – Accounting Specialization program. There are three main reasons why this program is my top choice, which are also the advantages of it. First, the curriculum is STEM-designated, and the core accounting courses cover the advanced accounting and management knowledge required to get me CPA-ready. The flexible electives also allow me to customize my schedule based on my career coal, and the MBA electives are of great value to improve my management skills and expand my networks. Second, this program has a group of excellent faculties. I have been in the accounting class of Mr. Michael Paz, a professor from School of Hotel Administration. He shows me how inspiring and supportive the professors are at Johnson and makes me believe that the personalized attention to a student from the professors will surely benefit both my academic and personal development. Last but not least, I am deeply inspired by Sam Johnson’s efforts to make the business world a better place, and I’m motivated to shoulder high levels of responsibility for making great things happen. This program not only wants to improve students’ academic capacity, but also aims to cultivate entrepreneurs with passion and a sense of responsibility. To prepare myself for it, I strive to improve my learning ability and time management ability to adapt to the fast-paced and high-pressure study in Cornell, and I also interned during vacation to obtain practical knowledge and improve my communication skills.

This program also has some disadvantages. First, this program is quite young with only several class of graduates, so that there will not be much alumni resources from this specific program. Second, the campus is in a small town on the mountain, so that the transportation is not very convenient for entertainment and internships. A similar program is the MS in Accounting program at New York University. For me, its main advantages are that it combines data analytics with accounting very well, and it is in New York City, which is an excellent place to do internships and feel the real business world.

我的理想大学是康奈尔大学,我对其管理会计硕士很感兴趣。我选择这个项目有三个主要原因,同时也是它的优点。首先,课程设置是STEM导向的,核心会计课程涵盖的高级会计和管理知识可以让我为CPA做好准备。灵活的选修课也可以让我根据自己的职业需求来安排课程,其中,MBA选修课对于提高我的管理技能和拓展人脉很有帮助。第二,该项目的师资力量非常强大。我有幸参与了酒店管理学院Michael Paz教授的会计课程,他让我感受到了Johnson的教授们对学生的鼓励和支持,让我相信教授们对学生的个性化关注一定会对我的学术和个人发展都有好处。最后,我被创始人Sam Johnson为使商业世界变得更美好所做的努力深深激励着,让我敢于肩负起更高的责任。该项目不仅要提高学生的学术能力,更要培养有激情、有责任感的企业家。为了做好准备,我努力提高自己的学习能力和时间管理能力,以适应康奈尔快节奏、高压力的学习环境,并利用假期的时间进行实习来积累知识和经验,提高自己的沟通能力。

这个项目也有一些缺点。首先,这个项目很年轻,只有几届毕业生,项目的校友资源并不丰富。第二,校园坐落在山上的小镇里,日常娱乐和实习都不方便。类似的项目有纽约大学的会计硕士项目。对我来说,它的主要优势在于它将数据分析和会计很好地结合在一起,而且它位于纽约市,是一个绝佳的实习场所,可以让我感受真实的商业世界。

The link to the program: https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/programs/mps-in-management-accounting-specialization/

Jasmine Sun

正在查看 31 个帖子:1-31 (共 31 个帖子)