Forum › 论坛 › TIPS FOR LIVING ABROAD 国外生活建议 › * How to guarantee graduation during study abroad? 如何保证在留学过程中顺利毕业？ › Looking for help 寻求帮助
11月 10, 2020 12:05 下午 #1259Elizabeth参与者
Communicate more with seniors and sisters who have learning experience. Especially when academic problems are encountered, it will be a huge benefit to seek their help.
12月 2, 2020 1:44 下午 #1996Kira参与者
Study hard is enough， do not free youself（KIRA）
12月 14, 2020 6:21 下午 #2871Winston Hu参与者
12月 18, 2020 1:32 下午 #3594
1月 8, 2021 5:22 下午 #4152Corgi参与者38 pts
-Make full use of online resources.
-Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
1月 10, 2021 5:14 下午 #4288StephenMMM参与者1 pt
According to my observation, the learning ability of Chinese students is not a problem. The main problems are psychological, and the loneliness of a person abroad is the biggest problem. You can choose to chat with more domestic friends, or you can make more foreign partners to ensure that you have a healthy mental state.
1月 11, 2021 11:14 上午 #4493
1. Have a clear and precise academic plan
2. Clarify the “graduation requirements” as soon as possible
3. Choose your classes wisely and go through the schedule with your advisor before taking classes.
4. Consider the graduation rate of the university when choosing a university
5. Obey school rules
6. Keep a good mindset
-Aimee Wang f
1月 11, 2021 4:18 下午 #4502Zoe参与者11 pts
I think the first thing is to listen to the teacher carefully and ask the professor questions actively after class. It’s important to change the idea of losing face and ask questions in time. At the same time, academic problems such as plagiarism should be avoided. Relax,
1月 14, 2021 3:27 下午 #4663StephenMMM参与者1 pt
I think looking for help is a very good way. But we have to judge who can really help us. If we encounter problems in life, we can find a local partner. If we encounter academic problems, we can ask the professor for help.
1月 14, 2021 3:47 下午 #4665Wan Sisi参与者17 pts
It is really important to learn to look for help from others when we study abroad. Foreign study system is different from Chinese, we will meet many difficulties during studying abroad. we should learn to get the help from professors, classmates and others. They have more experience and which will help us a lot, if we have problems on writing essay or presentation, it is sensible to look for help from others. therefore, we should be outgoing enough to ask others for help.
— Wan Sisi(Celia)
1月 15, 2021 5:02 下午 #4688Laura0817参与者1 pt
When studying abroad, loneliness is an unavoidable emotion. I think you can find senior international students for help. They will help you through those difficult times, such as introducing new friends, inviting you to a party held by their friends, etc.
As for learning, my suggestion is to study each class carefully and actively ask your professor questions, set up a workshop, share your knowledge with group members, etc.
1月 15, 2021 5:09 下午 #4689Olivia参与者11 pts
In order to successfully graduate in the process of studying abroad, international students should adjust their mental state reasonably and maintain a healthy and positive mood to adapt to a relatively unfamiliar environment. At the same time, maintaining physical health is also crucial. In addition, if they encounter learning problems while studying abroad, people can actively ask professors or experienced seniors.为了顺利在留学过程中毕业，留学生应该合理调整心理状态，保持健康积极的情绪适应一个比较陌生的环境。同时，保持生理健康也是至关重要的。除此之外，如果在留学过程中遇到学习问题，人们可以积极询问教授或者有经验的前辈。
1月 15, 2021 7:50 下午 #4698Xilin Zhang Kelly参与者20 pts
Make the most of the campus environment: students with high GPA, professors who willing to help you, and all the facilities you can use at school (study rooms, online libraries, or free tutoring agencies, teams). Students need to go all out, not to study abroad as a holiday.
Xilin Zhang Kelly
1月 20, 2021 7:31 下午 #5058Broccoli参与者
我认为不管在国内学习还是在国外学习，不管是本科的学习还是研究生的学习，在本质上应该是一样的，我认为想要提高学习成绩，最重要的就是上课认真听讲，每天保持充分的睡眠，只有充分的睡眠才可以保证高质量的学习状态，同时，锻炼自己的思维能力也是特别重要的。掌握好的学习方法可以帮助你在同样的时间做更多的事情。I think whether studying at home or abroad, undergraduate or postgraduate, should be the same in essence. I think the most important thing to improve academic performance is to listen carefully in class and get enough sleep every day. , Only enough sleep can guarantee a high-quality learning state. At the same time, it is particularly important to exercise your thinking ability. Mastering good learning methods can help you do more at the same time.
1月 20, 2021 9:04 下午 #5067ryanreme参与者1 pt
I think academic integrity is a very important thing. If you make a mistake in this area, it will probably affect your graduation. Many Chinese students have encountered problems with citation and paraphrase. The website I provided can help you better understand what paraphrase is and how to use online resources to help you paraphrase.
This website is to help you write your citation:
1月 21, 2021 11:14 下午 #5156Tiffany Wang参与者36 pts
I don’t have experience study abroad but I can still some ways to study. I always like to ask opinions or discuss with my roommates, even we are not in the same major, they also like to have an academic or casual discussion, I think it’s good for both study and mood, but when study abroad, people can not always have this kind of chance so try to make some closer friend and help each other on the study and other issues if possible.
1月 26, 2021 10:17 下午 #5641zhanjial参与者
We will encounter various problems when studying abroad. In terms of language, although Chinese students who stay in the United States are required to take the TOEFL test and meet certain requirements, they still cannot use English like a native English speaker until they enter an American university. For Chinese students, it can be deeply unsettling if they experience academic setbacks. Because growing up, we almost equate life prospects and self-worth with academic achievement. We can seek help in the following ways.
1. International Student Services Center
2. Mental Health Counseling Center
Here’s a website that might help you. https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/67945057
1月 27, 2021 5:32 下午 #5721Anastasia参与者
1. The most important thing is to listen carefully to the lecture. In class, the professor usually selects important contents from the chapters for analysis and explanation.
2. Pre-learning before class. Studying in a foreign country requires us to overcome the language barrier. Pre-lessons give us a general idea of the content of the chapter, so we can follow the class better when the professor is giving lectures.
3. Review after class. The professor does not lead us through the book, so it is up to the student to read the book carefully, as it gives a lot of details.
4. Ask questions. If we have academic questions, we can ask the professor and our classmates for help.
—– Anastasia Wang
1月 28, 2021 1:08 下午 #5786
Ways of studying.
1. Attach the importance of pre-study
2. Learning to ask questions
3. Participate actively in class and in discussions
4. Communicate with classmates and cooperate actively to complete group work
5. Go to the library to find more study materials
6. Complete the assignments assigned by the professor and revise the essays through feedback from the professor
-Aimee Wang f
1月 28, 2021 1:09 下午 #5787
4. 提高英语能力，平时需要多说多听，多用英语进行交流， 尽快融入外国的语言环境当中
Ways to help adapt to life abroad quickly
1. Switch your study style
2. Develop a time management plan
3. Understand the differences in daily life and culture between the US and China
4. Improve your English skills, speak and listen more often, communicate in English, and integrate into the foreign language environment as soon as possible
5. Learn to ask questions. Ask questions if you don’t understand, and communicate when you have questions.
6. Attach the importance of pre-study.
7. Be prepared mentally and develop your hands-on and independent problem-solving skills in advance.
-Aimee Wang f
1月 28, 2021 10:49 下午 #5860Xilin Zhang Kelly参与者20 pts
No one can guarantee that they will graduate successfully; the only thing we can do is accept professors’ advice and improve our abilities as much as possible. First of all, we need to respect the opinions of professors, because they are the elders. Secondly, you must think carefully before you can raise objections to your wrong thoughts. Subjective assumptions are a waste of each other’s time. Finally, actively communicate your ideas with your professors. Only in this way can new sparks emerge from the collision of thoughts to find the space for your progress.
Xilin Zhang Kelly
5月 3, 2021 11:00 上午 #7727Weeknd参与者
The basic assessment criteria of general master’s degree courses are attendance, classroom performance (such as whether to actively participate in the discussion, etc.), presentations, and the final thesis (of course, some courses have more than one thesis to write). So as long as you can attend class on time, listen carefully in class, and make speeches to let the teacher know that you are listening to his lectures, and don’t let the teacher think you are not serious when doing presentations. If the thesis doesn’t involve grievous mistakes, you can basically get credits. If you save enough credits, you will be able to graduate smoothly~
5月 4, 2021 11:20 上午 #7765Connie 0718参与者
During studying abroad, we may encounter problems in our study and life, which leads us to no way to graduate smoothly. I think the most important point to solve the problems encountered in studying abroad is to seek the help of others in time. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, most people are very kind and willing to help, give others some warmth. If someone asks you for help, please don’t be stingy with your help and let yourself be the one who can give warmth to others.
Wang Kangyi Connie0718
5月 12, 2021 6:18 下午 #7909Kelly1028参与者
I think the following points are important when learning our master’s degree courses:
1. Listen carefully during classes.
2. Finish all the required assignments according to professors’ instructions. These assignments may have different forms, like individual assignments and group assignments, writing assignments and presentations. No matter in which form, we should try our best to finish them. For example, in group assignments, we should get involved in group discussion and share ideas with others; in presentations, we should be fully prepared previously.
3. Ask others for help when meeting some problems during learning, we can choose to ask our classmates or professors. No matter in which way, just try to solve our problems in time.
5月 27, 2021 12:02 上午 #8381Peach参与者
Attendance: Foreign universities attach great importance to attendance, attendance is also the most basic requirement for a student, so if you want to graduate successfully, you must first ensure that your attendance is up to the standard.
Examination mechanism: In an overseas study, passing a course is determined by the final exam, the mid-term exam, and group work. The total grade for a course consists of three sections: group work, midterm exam, and final exam. It alleviates the pressure on students to pass to a certain extent. At the same time, it requires students to develop comprehensively, focusing on test scores and teamwork.
Independent study: it is essential to learn independent research. There is no one to supervise the completion of homework and review every day. It would help if you relied on yourself.
Therefore, whether students can graduate successfully also depends on whether they are self-conscious and can recognize the purpose of studying abroad to ensure that they can follow the progress of the teacher’s class and review in time.
6月 3, 2021 8:57 下午 #9080Chris Yuan参与者
1. Be on time
2. Complete homework carefully
3. Build a good relationship with the teacher
4. Communicate more academic content with your friends
5. Before the test, ask the teacher some notes about the test
6月 4, 2021 1:10 下午 #9146jasminesun参与者
When Chinese students first arrive abroad, they are not used to the accents of professors from all over the world and think they speak very fast. If we do not understand something, or do not hear the relevant requirements of the professor for the class, homework, test, we must take the initiative to ask the professor and classmates, especially for the knowledge we do not understand to ask questions in time. Chinese students tend to be shy or reluctant to admit that they don’t understand, which can get us into a vicious circle where confusion builds up.
6月 6, 2021 6:32 下午 #9469wATER参与者
Have a clear academic plan: Have a clear plan for your future when you get into school, know what you need to do, or don’t be too loose in your studies. Falling tests, poor attendance, low GPA, academic dishonesty, etc., being suspended from school, or being withdrawn.
Change majors or schools: Almost 80 percent of students change majors before graduation, and 37 percent change schools. There will certainly be an impact on courses and credits, and it will inevitably delay your graduation. So consider your choice of major.
Don’t take unnecessary courses. Many students take too many unrelated credits on a whim. It’s a waste of time and energy. Therefore, it is very important to calculate your course credits and select courses reasonably.